Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Nothing worse than a comforting post from Gaby. Safe bet he gone now.
id argue that it wasn't comforting at all haha so maybe he sticks. real talk if he does go elsewhere, how fast does this brother get fired after NSD? my guess is an hour once the LOI is sent in. we need DTs

Advertisement
@PIPO are you still trying to console him?

View attachment 211153
shots fired finger guns GIF

Bain to Auburn is real. Reading some of these ignorant comments about Auburn is comical. Auburn put the full court press on the young man and his family. With Auburn’s NIL and huge bags available to him, Auburn gave the young man something to think about.

His heart is in Miami from what I understand. Auburn’s coaching situation is irrelevant. The experience, the atmosphere on game day and the genuine feeling of family away from home is what recruits love about Auburn. Auburn’s bags have been heavy since the 80’s.

I think he chooses Miami. IMO
This continues to be hilariously baffling to me. As has been said here before, for Miami, we have to look like an NFL ready team, have former head coaches at every position, beat teams by 45+ including the National Title game, while simultaneously having the biggest NIL packages in the country.

But the coaching situation is irrelevant anywhere else. The most important factor in a kid's development is "irrelevant" at other places that aren't Miami.

This continues to be hilariously baffling to me. As has been said here before, for Miami, we have to look like an NFL ready team, have former head coaches at every position, beat teams by 45+ including the National Title game, while simultaneously having the biggest NIL packages in the country.

But the coaching situation is irrelevant anywhere else. The most important factor in a kid's development is "irrelevant" at other places that aren't Miami.

The other schools have other advantages we don't like strong fan support and game atmosphere. As others have mentioned the players are worshiped at places like Auburn versus Miami. In addition, some kids just want to leave home for something different and prefer a smaller town.

Advertisement
The other schools have other advantages we don't like strong fan support and game atmosphere. As others have mentioned the players are worshiped at places like Auburn versus Miami. In addition, some kids just want to leave home for something different and prefer a smaller town.
I can get behind the wanting to leave. That's not unique to football players. Our atmosphere is created based on our level of success, or conversely, lack there of. In all these towns "the event" of the weekend is going to the game because there is nothing else. In Miami you have to become the event. When you do that, through winning, guys become immortalized forever in this town.

You're worshipped at these schools while you're there draped in gear and walk around town but a majority of those fans don't know the players by name with the exception of the QB and maybe a handful of others. They go to see (insert name of big university in small town here) play football. We worship guys that are winning. There's a reason guys that were winners here are always coming back and end up living in the city. Other NFL guys that went to other schools workout at Miami all the time.

I can get behind the wanting to leave. That's not unique to football players. Our atmosphere is created based on our level of success, or conversely, lack there of. In all these towns "the event" of the weekend is going to the game because there is nothing else. In Miami you have to become the event. When you do that, through winning, guys become immortalized forever in this town.

You're worshipped at these schools while you're there draped in gear and walk around town but a majority of those fans don't know the players by name with the exception of the QB and maybe a handful of others. They go to see (insert name of big university in small town here) play football. We worship guys that are winning. There's a reason guys that were winners here are always coming back and end up living in the city. Other NFL guys that went to other schools workout at Miami all the time.
I mean everyone works out in Miami In basically every sport. It’s not bc of um

Advertisement

Indeed. In order for a top tier South Florida recruit to even consider us, at minimum we need:

- Three consecutive national championships
- Two consecutive undefeated seasons
- At least 6 first round draft choices a year, for three years
- Complete stability at all coaching positions
- NIL offers that start with a floor of $5M, and peak at $25M for top players
- Supplementary bags of $500K to $1M
- A filled Hard Rock Stadium, with overflow into the parking lot
- A monorail from the University of Miami to Hard Rock Stadium
- The top line new facilities that are under construction are torn down and even newer facilities built, at a cost of no less than $30B
- Personal limos for each player
- A personal staff of no less than 12 people for each player

With these minimalist conditions, we might get an audience. But still they will go to Auburn, LSU, or Alabama.

Last edited:
Indeed. In order for a top tier South Florida recruit to even consider us, at minimum we need:

- The top line new facilities are construction torn down and even newer facilities built, at a cost of no less than $30B

With these minimalist conditions, we might get an audience. But still they will go to Auburn, LSU, or Alabama.
real and true GIF

Guys come back to Miami whether or not they went here. They come back bc it’s Miami. Same reason why guys to la too.
Shouldn't that be a selling point for the program? Who goes back to workout at Tuscaloosa? Being that its such a great atmosphere and they're so loved and all.

Shouldn't that be a selling point for the program? Who goes back to workout at Tuscaloosa? Being that its such a great atmosphere and they're so loved and all.
we sell it as it is. It’s just not something um provides as a benefit lol. Guys will come here to train in offseasoms if fiu was the only school lol. They’re mostly not even on campus anymore and tend to work out w trainers (David Anderson is one that works w a ton of nba and nfl guys) at their own boxes

Advertisement

- The top line new facilities are construction torn down and even newer facilities built, at a cost of no less than $30B

well we haven't done a single one of them for 20 years......and we're on our 4-5th cycle of coaches and "next year we'll get em" and you guys want to complain top guys aren't coming? You have a top WR son today and you are sending him to Miami with this track record over OSU or Alabama? wtf are we even talking about. This isn't 1987. We need to prove to kids we don't stink and that they will go to the pros. We used to dominate those pre Monday Football introductions with teams littered with UM starters........you don't see **** now.

well we haven't done a single one of them for 20 years......and we're on our 4-5th cycle of coaches and "next year we'll get em" and you guys want to complain top guys aren't coming? You have a top WR son today and you are sending him to Miami with this track record over OSU or Alabama? wtf are we even talking about. This isn't 1987. We need to prove to kids we don't stink and that they will go to the pros. We used to dominate those pre Monday Football introductions with teams littered with UM starters........you don't see **** now.
when Pitt is out developing you in WRs you got issue s

we sell it as it is. It’s just not something um provides as a benefit lol. Guys will come here to train in offseasoms if fiu was the only school lol. They’re mostly not even on campus anymore and tend to work out w trainers (David Anderson is one that works w a ton of nba and nfl guys) at their own boxes
I don't think I'm conveying what I'm trying to say well enough. Im not trying to sell our facilities. I'm trying to sell the city and the fact that NFL (in the case of football) talent is constantly around the program and you, as a college athlete can rub elbows with these guys UM alum or other in your time there. Again, the atmosphere and amazingness of Tuscaloosa, Athens, Clemson, and all those wonderful towns does not have guys going back there in the off-season to work out. At least not as much as you see them coming to Mia or LA.

Advertisement
I don't think I'm conveying what I'm trying to say well enough. Im not trying to sell our facilities. I'm trying to sell the city and the fact that NFL (in the case of football) talent is constantly around the program and you, as a college athlete can rub elbows with these guys UM alum or other in your time there. Again, the atmosphere and amazingness of Tuscaloosa, Athens, Clemson, and all those wonderful towns does not have guys going back there in the off-season to work out. At least not as much as you see them coming to Mia or LA.
if we put up our players with their trainers then yeah but if the pros are training in wynwood and then living it up on the beach midtown etc and our guys are still w mustachio in gables how does that help?

We were losing boatload of recruits to Alabama, Florida and LSU back in 2006-2007, when we were only a few years removed from being a Top 5 team and had an NFL littered with Miami players. It doesn’t matter.

You want a S Florida WR to join Miami, pay $4M. Be prepared to spend $40M a year or more on your recruiting class. Because right now you have to outspend Alabama and Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back