Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
I don’t want this to sound like an overreaction but here’s where I’m at. Reuben has been around the program more than anyone and he’s earned the right to take visits. However, At a certain point it’s time to **** or get off the pot and we have to be nearing that point. He’s been vocal about how he’s a De and not DT which is fine but the problem that I see is I’m looking at the DE board and things could get murky real quick.

Wayne could be in this weekend. Collins could also be in the weekend. Bryant said he’s being recruited to play Jack which is a hybrid rush end linebacker. Then we’ve got big fish like M’Pemba and Russaw from Bama, the dream Nycko Harbor not to mention a guy like David hicks who’s a long shot but still Mario who knows.

Hearing the Jalen Brown news I’m looking at Reuben dead in the eye like you with us or nah bruh? Spots are going and the train is leaving we all want him but am I tripping? It feels like it’s time.
It is

J
U
L
Y

There's zero reason why Bain shouldn't be in this class already. Kid should be out leading the charge recruiting for us on SM but here we are thinking he's a lock but with no certainty. Much like Brown's recruitment I don't like the feel of Bains.
He’s absolutely not a lock and I’ve been trying to tell a lot of people on Twitter the same thing.

He may somehow end up in this class, but wouldn’t be surprised at all if it was Bama or elsewhere. Think we should all start to accept that possibility. Starting to look a bit like Brown’s recruitment

The crazy part is he has family on staff. Oh well, I’m still expecting Bama from everything he’s said

Advertisement
There's zero reason why Bain shouldn't be in this class already. Kid should be out leading the charge recruiting for us on SM but here we are thinking he's a lock but with no certainty. Much like Brown's recruitment I don't like the feel of Bains.
That's what im saying Brah. People saying we are in good position with Legacy kids like Bain and Damari Brown. Why higher rated kids from elsewhere can visit, take their OV then say im help build this class. But hometown kids are given a pass talking bout let them enjoy the process as if other kids don't like the process too. That Jalen Brown recruitment wake me up to alot of this, that these SO FL kids are still playing games with the program. You wanna help us build or u just waiting till the **** is built. They aint trying to be part of the process even when they see we making moves. Look at who all the decisions coming from. Outa state kids.

That's what im saying Brah. People saying we are in good position with Legacy kids like Bain and Damari Brown. Why higher rated kids from elsewhere can visit, take their OV then say im help build this class. But hometown kids are given a pass talking bout let them enjoy the process as if other kids don't like the process too. That Jalen Brown recruitment wake me up to alot of this, that these SO FL kids are still playing games with the program. You wanna help us build or u just waiting till the **** is built. They aint trying to be part of the process even when they see we making moves. Look at who all the decisions coming from. Outa state kids.
The age of giving S.FL recruits more leeway than the national recruits are over. They’re not special - the only thing different is that they get the chance to put on for their families and hometown. They should get the same treatment.

The visits and silent **** are just that…****. Brown was a silent, look how that turned out. I know there were external factors for Brown, but for the most part silents are just kids really liking a staff but open to the right opportunity elsewhere. Otherwise…they’d commit.

Advertisement
The age of giving S.FL recruits more leeway than the national recruits are over. They’re not special - the only thing different is that they get the chance to put on for their families and hometown. They should get the same treatment.
We use us being bad for long to make excuses for these players. And it needs to stop. If u taking your OV's in the season, say that like Samuel M'Pemba. He said that. Man like Stafford and Francis took all their 5 OV’S in 2 **** weeks, seen every school they had interest in and say let's go. We been cuddling these diva players, giving them all kinda excuses. Look at the staff they coming to be coached by.
I don't care if they wanna play the game but know we need to move on and stop counting them in our classes. Even if they commit, it doesn't stop them from taking visits. They using that as an excuse.

Bain probably hasn't committed to Miami because he probably hasn't decided where he's going to attend college yet. What a concept. It doesn't mean he's not coming. It doesn't mean he is. It's July. Allow 'Bal to earn his check.

Remarkable how marshmallowy soft the nerve of this board can be sometimes.

Advertisement
From the Bama board, Hank south, on who they end up with on the DL:

"If I'm projecting today I'd go Smith, Bain, Collins, Renaud, Hill ... very subject to change."

Bama writers are more connected than any other teams. Bain to Bama isn’t just smoke. Something is up with Miami on this one. Maybe they think he is a tweener I don’t know but this is one to keep an eye on

Bain probably hasn't committed to Miami because he probably hasn't decided where he's going to attend college yet. What a concept. It doesn't mean he's not coming. It doesn't mean he is. It's July. Allow 'Bal to earn his check.

Remarkable how marshmallowy soft the nerve of this board can be sometimes.
In the literal sense, I’m sure this is true. But I don’t think the “it’s July” really carries as much weight as it once did. Last couple years some kids have started shutting it down earlier, especially this year. A LOT more of the top guys are committing.

Can’t say I know why but that’s how things are trending. I expect pickings to be very slim by December. Maybe some flip candidates if certain teams with great classes end up nosediving this season

Advertisement
Bain is not a mike at Bama lol. He would be another shorter sawed off OLB/Edge there, just like Courtney Upshaw.
Bain is not Rueben Foster, CJ Mosley, Rashaan Evans etc in terms of body type etc. THOSE are MLBs at Bama, not a guy who will play at 260-270 and has never actually played MLB lol. This is 2022, not 1980.

I’m not worried about losing Bain to them either, but I understand I’m in the minority lol.

In the literal sense, I’m sure this is true. But I don’t think the “it’s July” really carries as much weight as it once did. Last couple years some kids have started shutting it down earlier, especially this year. A LOT more of the top guys are committing.

Can’t say I know why but that’s how things are trending. I expect pickings to be very slim by December. Maybe some flip candidates if certain teams with great classes end up nosediving this season

It's literally July.

It is

J
U
L
Y
Exactly! June is the biggest recruiting month now with the early signing period. July is when you want to have the bulk of your class. The fall and December is for big fish hunting with class ambassadors recruiting for the program with coaches and winning games. We hoped he’d be a leader in the class instead he literally said Bama leads lol

It’s July! At the end of this month the board will shuffle and spots will start getting tight. A guy who’s spent weeks on campus. Taken his OV’s. Sees the class we’re building. Has a man in his household on staff lol what else could we possibly show him?

Like I said, this shouldn’t be a NSD recruitment. By the season this should be a wrap regardless of the decision. I just can’t understand why you’d drag this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back