Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
personal for Nickie..
Nick cant have a year where he doesnt get a Dade kid. Optics are playing a huge role here. Gotta keep a presence in that county. Cant have Mario completely shut them out of Dade and throw them out "Uncle Phil/Jazzy Jeff" style... Hes got nobody else that is seriously considering Bama in Dade this cycle and thats never happened. You could say the same for Broward too.

I'm actually surprised Bama is recruiting this kid. Doesn't fit the body type they normally recruit. Really good player but a bit undersized.
Highly productive kid at a school that usually puts out P5 talent though. He could play their Jack position. Probably isn’t even what they usually look for there but he could compete.

CIS see’s Bain driving an old man in a golf kart and everyone panics.
92D3CB5E-A719-44DA-BC8C-D539DF64208E.gif

Advertisement
I dont think anyone is in panic mode. At least speaking for myself, I was just surprised he was so far up Bamas DE/OLB big board to be hanging out one on one with Saban like that.
It’s a testament to Bain. The dude is really like that and I’m glad Saban recognizes it. Because all of dade county is wondering what the **** is wrong with these people giving rankings. Bain is putting up video game numbers against dade and broward comp sprinkled in with national teams. Imagine if he played in Arch Mannings division 🤣

Nick cant have a year where he doesnt get a Dade kid. Optics are playing a huge role here. Gotta keep a presence in that county. Cant have Mario completely shut them out of Dade and throw them out "Uncle Phil/Jazzy Jeff" style... Hes got nobody else that is seriously considering Bama in Dade this cycle and thats never happened. You could say the same for Broward too.
Facts. Cormani is the Bama priority yet they want Damari out of AH to more-or-less play keep away from us. Nick knows **** well optics matter with kids.

When Miami starts to win again, and I think it will be very soon, there will be some initial butt-hurt feelings locally about Miami "not pursuing the local talent harder" and not "allowing the local community to be a part of the ascendance of the program".

This especially applies to kids of alumni players. How many have we seen come thru, complain publicly about the lack of "recruiting attention" only to have their kid receive that coveted 23hr offer from a big time program? And then the response is "well, I didn't choose...the kid did".

Bain's nephew?
Selvin's kid?
Earl's kid?

LOLOL

Advertisement
When Miami starts to win again, and I think it will be very soon, there will be some initial butt-hurt feelings locally about Miami "not pursuing the local talent harder" and not "allowing the local community to be a part of the ascendance of the program".

This especially applies to kids of alumni players. How many have we seen come thru, complain publicly about the lack of "recruiting attention" only to have their kid receive that coveted 23hr offer from a big time program? And then the response is "well, I didn't choose...the kid did".

Bain's nephew?
Selvin's kid?
Earl's kid?

LOLOL
I dont think there is any kid Mario has ignored locally that the masses/community feels is deserving of a UM offer. Seems like we have covered our basis and mended fences...at least this cycle. I know some people might bring up Lamar Seymoure but if people are being honest...they know hes not in same category as Robby, Jean, Jalen, Hykeem, Ray Ray, and Innis.

But I do see your overall point. Hoping Mario has built the relationships up enough to where local ties understand what we are trying to build here. A roster of the most elite kids we can possibly get.

I dont think there is any kid Mario has ignored locally that the masses/community feels is deserving of a UM offer. Seems like we have covered our basis and mended fences...at least this cycle. I know some people might bring up Lamar Seymoure but if people are being honest...they know hes not in same category as Robby, Jean, Jalen, Hykeem, Ray Ray, and Innis.

But I do see your overall point. Hoping Mario has built the relationships up enough to where local ties understand what we are trying to build here. A roster of the most elite kids we can possibly get.

That's what I'm trying to say, that it doesn't matter how repaired the local ties are. These kids, which we should have an advantage based on deep family ties, are off and taking trips/visits to the heart of SEC country.

Who leads for Brown? Bama/Clemson? Is he really waiting for a UGA offer?
Who leads for Bain? Is it really Miami?

It goes all the way back to the culture in football down here. Kids are always leaving and teaming up in one place or another.

Its how it is down here, we shouldn't expect to get kids down here in the short term (2-3 years)

Yeah but they are notorious for swooping in late and getting kids to sign with them.

Bain's nephew?
Selvin's kid?
Earl's kid?

LOLOL
If Mario was HC last year we’d probably have landed Little Jr. I get what you are saying though but we can’t base future recruitments based on past issues. It’s been talked about ad nauseam that the program was riddled with ineptitude for the better part of two decades. A lot of these older guys realize they can’t ruin their kid’s chances because of past ties. As fans it sucks but I get why kids were steered in other directions. Now it’s on Mario to change the narrative.

Advertisement
That's what I'm trying to say, that it doesn't matter how repaired the local ties are. These kids, which we should have an advantage based on deep family ties, are off and taking trips/visits to the heart of SEC country.

Who leads for Brown? Bama/Clemson? Is he really waiting for a UGA offer?
Who leads for Bain? Is it really Miami?

It goes all the way back to the culture in football down here. Kids are always leaving and teaming up in one place or another.

Its how it is down here, we shouldn't expect to get kids down here in the short term (2-3 years)
If Mario has a year like we had in 2017 his first year out..we will have a top 5 class and local kids will know we are legit and jump onboard. Alot of this has to do with wanting to see if things are really turned around winning wise. I think kids know the culture has changed. But has the "W/L" column changed along with it? We will find out in 2.5 months.

Advertisement
I don't see any scenario where dudes goes to Bama. Bama is great, they been winning they have the track record but they aint invincible and **** is different. It be stupid to write them off for any recruit but i don't see this as remotely close. I been wrong before could be again. Also for people to think oh man 6'1, 6-2 he is not as good as some kids who are 6'6. Yeah watch James Harrison from the Steelers in years gone by and that's exactly who he reminds me off. The violence and tenacity.

Btw one thing i have notice when people say we have had problems in south FL. Palm beach has been down but most of our problems have been in Broward County. Some in Dade but the detachment seems to be in Broward with Aquinas, Heritage, U shool before that.

Mario is working over time to fix that

Told ppl then Bama stuff was real. Hopefully he is still. Cane in the end but boy does he like going to visit ol Nicky

Honestly, who wouldn't. I hate the guy and know he's as slimy and corrupt as they come. He's also built a juggernaut and has won more championships than any coach in history. However he pulled that off, Satan is a legan who deserves respect.

That said, with Mario at Miami, if I were a Bain, I wouldn't hesitate to stay home. And in the end, I'm 100% certain he does (assuming we push for him hard).

I don't see any scenario where dudes goes to Bama. Bama is great, they been winning they have the track record but they aint invincible and **** is different. It be stupid to write them off for any recruit but i don't see this as remotely close. I been wrong before could be again. Also for people to think oh man 6'1, 6-2 he is not as good as some kids who are 6'6. Yeah watch James Harrison from the Steelers in years gone by and that's exactly who he reminds me off. The violence and tenacity.

The front runners will still go to Bama, Georgia, and Taint until we start appearing in playoff games. But a kid like Bain, assuming we put on a full court press for him, yeah, I just can't see it.

Its well known that Nick will take kids just to keep them away from other schools. They don't fit his scheme and will hit the transfer portal at some point but he doesn't want them at a competitor. He knows he has enough talent overall that he can afford to waste a few schollys every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back