Ruben "Jaccpot" Jackson JUCO WR

Numbers ALWAYS work out. Why rack your brains year after year over roster numbers?

We haven’t legit been at 85 for the last 20 years. I know we had to blue shirt a trnasfer or two recently but there were probably 29 JAGs on the team that could easily have been nudged out if needed. And in other years we may have hit that number by giving out scholarships to a ton of PWOs.

But this is truly the first time I can remember when we came into camp with an actual full “real” roster.

My point is I think we’re going to be tight this next 2024 class. Some quality kids will definitely be encouraged to graduate early or hit the portal.choices will be harder from here on out.

Advertisement
We haven’t legit been at 85 for the last 20 years. I know we had to blue shirt a trnasfer or two recently but there were probably 29 JAGs on the team that could easily have been nudged out if needed. And in other years we may have hit that number by giving out scholarships to a ton of PWOs.

But this is truly the first time I can remember when we came into camp with an actual full “real” roster.

My point is I think we’re going to be tight this next 2024 class. Some quality kids will definitely be encouraged to graduate early or hit the portal.choices will be harder from here on out.

It's the natural impact of what happens when you allow all kids from 2020 to have an extra year of eligibility. Plus removing the IC limits.

Advertisement
Back