Ruben "Jaccpot" Jackson JUCO WR

This is why I asked a few weeks ago, “Will we (Canes fans) be able to trust our coaches eyes in evaluating recruits…. even when they’re pulling in guys that are not the big names?” For me, I’m gonna trust the professionals to do their job until they prove that they can’t. With Mario running things, I’m not gonna worry too much about recruiting and procuring talent.
I'm with you and I am NOT saying this is happening with this staff, but in general, how do you tell the difference between coaches taking a lesser rated kid b/c they evaluated them higher vs taking a lesser rated kid b/c they missed out on the higher rated ones? It's not like they are going to come out and publicly say, yeah we took X b/c we didnt get Y.

Advertisement
With that said, could this just be a way for Mario to establish some sort of rapport with the Glades area. Even if Jaccpot, or whatever, isn't the highest caliper player we want here at UM, Mario may be viewing this as a long-term investment or a loss leader that will pay dividends in the future.

Is it that obvious I'm a financial advisor?
If he runs a 4.3 yes. Not if he 4.5+

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
this kid is class of 2020......he aint being recruited here
Excited Season 1 GIF by The Office

Advertisement
He tweeted recently that he will be committing soon. Like others, I do not believe that UM is recruiting him, unless as a PWO.

Advertisement
Back