Ruben "Jaccpot" Jackson JUCO WR

This is why I asked a few weeks ago, “Will we (Canes fans) be able to trust our coaches eyes in evaluating recruits…. even when they’re pulling in guys that are not the big names?” For me, I’m gonna trust the professionals to do their job until they prove that they can’t. With Mario running things, I’m not gonna worry too much about recruiting and procuring talent.

In Mario and Co. I trust....

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't think they hate the WR, I think they want someone with absolute burners that it's a risk to cover 1 v 1. That can change the way defenses decide to play coverage.
I understand but for them to be digging this deep for guys it tells u what they think

I understand but for them to be digging this deep for guys it tells u what they think
Yeah that they don't have a burner. We went after the Louisville guy who went to Bama, and the UCF guy as well. Now look at the high school players we going after. Speed and quickness. We don't have that because Diaz never recruited on balance. Miami should never lack skill position speed when you can always get a 3 star level speedster like Chris Johnson pretty much every year.

From what I understand, this kid is electric. Clemson was on him very early but colleges backed off early on. Kid supposedly is already a legend In the muck and folks up there say he’s the most electric guy to - ever - come out of the muck. He’s been recommended to the staff by some local coaches and our coaches are just giving him a look….nothing more nothing less. With Joseph, Williams, brown and Jean, trust me, gattis is on board with those guys.

If we looking to bring this guy in…Gattis must really not like the wr room lol
Him doing his job by bringing in high caliber talent to improve the position and add depth doesn't mean he "really doesn't like the WR room". ****, every top team in the country looking to increase their talent pool. It's what they get paid to do.

Advertisement
I don't think they hate the WR, I think they want someone with absolute burners that it's a risk to cover 1 v 1. That can change the way defenses decide to play coverage.

We keep saying it. Mario is going to pull out ALL the stops to make this roster as strong as possible. He knows how important winning now is to transfer the momentum we have gained into an unstoppable force.

We are looking for skill sets that we don’t have. We have a bunch of guys with good speed, but no pure burners. We needed a big bodied possession guy. Mario and Gattis are going after this.

What a lot of posters don’t understand is that to close the gap with the elite teams, we need to master situational football. Elite players combine multiple elite traits in one guy. When you don’t have that, you have to find those traits in multiple players . This ensures you have the skill set needed to handle any situation.

Brinson, George, Smith, Restrepo, and Smith are talented, but we need a little more to make a solid run at the ACC/playoffs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The day Canes start to land players from the Glades area is the day the Canes will be back!
With that said, could this just be a way for Mario to establish some sort of rapport with the Glades area. Even if Jaccpot, or whatever, isn't the highest caliper player we want here at UM, Mario may be viewing this as a long-term investment or a loss leader that will pay dividends in the future.

Is it that obvious I'm a financial advisor?

Not gotten a proper response to this. If he was a 2020 recruit, i assume he is for this season especially with the number of WR on the high school board

I would have to concur based on the logic of him initially being a 2020 class recruit.

2020 season eligibility was extended as a COVID-19 Year. But still takes classes
2021 extended Freshman year eligibility as a True Freshman or Redshirt Freshman. 2nd year of classes.
2022 Soph or RFr Transfer with Juco classes completed as of May 2022.

So based on the above he would have 3 years to play 3 years or at Miami starting this 2022 season a covid sophomore. Or if he redshirted at juco then he would have 4yrs to play 4 as a RFr juco transfer at Miami.

Go Canes

Him doing his job by bringing in high caliber talent to improve the position and add depth doesn't mean he "really doesn't like the WR room". ****, every top team in the country looking to increase their talent pool. It's what they get paid to do.
Lol ight

Advertisement
Back