Rpo slant

Bigger issue with that play is that Jeff Thomas was running a wheel route under the Wiggins slant and was WIDE OPEN !!!!!!!!

Thomas would've been one on one with the single high safety on that play who was all the way in the middle of the field.
Williams doesn’t have a full grasp of this offense at all..there’s so much stuff our QBs miss in this Offense

Advertisement
I used to bang 8s to 10s on a regular basis, but since Ive gotten older. i have lowered my standards a little
Hahahahahahah..ha..ha
1575310882716.gif

The guy was not prepared to start, jw15 needed to sit his *** down one more year, you can tell in his interviews he's just repeating known points, after the Fsu and Louisville victory, the theme was "the game is starting to slow down for em" than the question has to be asked, what happened the last 2 weeks, did the game all of a sudden speed back up, the problem with jw15 is simple, his mental football game is weak, everything he manifested in the gaytor game is still their, slow mental clock, a helter skelter scrambler, no True field awareness especially on how to get to a safe place and throw the ball away, or when he does scramble, this man ran straight out of bounds and lost yards instead of tjust throwing the ball away, i dont care if it was his 1st college game, or any game, that's basic football 101, if he has to be coached on that, he's not the guy we need back their starting.

Seems to me we ran this a ton. Perhaps too much.

Maybe some were just slant routes. Teams sat on these last few weeks and dared us to do something different. Yet we kept coming back to it. Maybe I am wrong but what do you guys think?
I saw Bama run it, but to the outside receiver. Seems we always run it with the slot?

Advertisement
Enos called the same RPO slant probably 50+ times this season. It worked great for awhile and was JW's best throw. Unfortunately, Enos never made any adjustments/tweaks so it became insanely predictable and JW became too comfortable with it (and ton of other throws) that he would pre-decide before the snap exactly where he was throwing regardless how open the receiver was. Literally the recipe to turn your best play to your worst.

Enos fail - guy has shown zero ability to make adjustments during game-planning and during the game. Horrible for a $1M+ OC

JW fail - strikes me as mentally weak and lazy. Got overconfident after UL and then showed his true ability (or lack there of) during FIU/Duke. Became horrible at going through his reads. Took a massive step back at EOY that I've frankly lost confidence in him being "the guy"

Enos called the same RPO slant probably 50+ times this season. It worked great for awhile and was JW's best throw. Unfortunately, Enos never made any adjustments/tweaks so it became insanely predictable and JW became too comfortable with it (and ton of other throws) that he would pre-decide before the snap exactly where he was throwing regardless how open the receiver was. Literally the recipe to turn your best play to your worst.

Enos fail - guy has shown zero ability to make adjustments during game-planning and during the game. Horrible for a $1M+ OC

JW fail - strikes me as mentally weak and lazy. Got overconfident after UL and then showed his true ability (or lack there of) during FIU/Duke. Became horrible at going through his reads. Took a massive step back at EOY that I've frankly lost confidence in him being "the guy"
what are different route combinations you can run in RPO..

Advertisement
Cool so a in breaking route..a flat..and a outside fade..so if you was watching our route combinations in games you see we had a wheel route on one that jarren missed
Yeah my point, Jarren looks for the slant and that's it. Not there? Gonna force it anyway

Advertisement
Bad o line? yes.
Coaching? Enos may be a **** OC but is at least a decent QB coach. Pretty sure they coach Jarren to go through progressions...
Rpo is a hot route read not a progression read usually. You are using the the threat of the run to sell the pass and vice versa. He should he tucking and running if it isnt there not forcing it. If he is going to go through progressions it will be rolling out not standing as a statue behind a rickety line. Jarren really isnt good at on the run throwing.

My point was predictable play calling sucks. We haven't evolved. Remember when jim ross used to say he went to the well too often? That is the case here.

Seems to me we ran this a ton. Perhaps too much.

Maybe some were just slant routes. Teams sat on these last few weeks and dared us to do something different. Yet we kept coming back to it. Maybe I am wrong but what do you guys think?

I think you are right

Rpo is a hot route read not a progression read usually. You are using the the threat of the run to sell the pass and vice versa. He should he tucking and running if it isnt there not forcing it. If he is going to go through progressions it will be rolling out not standing as a statue behind a rickety line. Jarren really isnt good at on the run throwing.

My point was predictable play calling sucks. We haven't evolved. Remember when jim ross used to say he went to the well too often? That is the case here.

I'm not an X's and O's guy but our RPO's aren't designed to give Jarren a chance to run. He either hands it to the back or throws it. Yes first read is the slant. I assume there is a 2nd read? Maybe im somehow wrong here?

And im admittedly mixing concepts. On normal spread formation pass plays, Jarren has seemingly not been going through his progressions but more or less deciding pre-snap who he wants to go through. That's how it looked the last 2 games at least.

If im wrong, im wrong (not trying to argue here). Either way something is wrong about this offense and i think its BOTH Enos and Jarren

Advertisement
I'm not an X's and O's guy but our RPO's aren't designed to give Jarren a chance to run. He either hands it to the back or throws it. Yes first read is the slant. I assume there is a 2nd read? Maybe im somehow wrong here?

And im admittedly mixing concepts. On normal spread formation pass plays, Jarren has seemingly not been going through his progressions but more or less deciding pre-snap who he wants to go through. That's how it looked the last 2 games at least.

If im wrong, im wrong (not trying to argue here). Either way something is wrong about this offense and i think its BOTH Enos and Jarren
The play calling has not been helping. The same play time after time eventually catches up to you as the season progresses. You have to change some tendencies.

You see a correct play call spring burns for a td?

You see bad call on a toss end in a tfl?

Enos called plays like our line would give 4 seconds a play. That just is hard headed. We never showed that ability. Play action doesnt work with non run game. We rushed for 110 yards a game. Attrocious

Yeah my point, Jarren looks for the slant and that's it. Not there? Gonna force it anyway
The picks jarren threw on the RPOs wasn’t because the slant wasn’t there. The first FIU got away with illegal contact. There DB covering the flat ran into Wiggins. The 2nd was tight coverage. DB go there early imo but still ball should have been caught..no QB coach or OC tells the QB were the ball should go on each play..if there’s other route on the play then they are all a options..we’ve thrown a Wheel off the RPO last week that jarren missec

The picks jarren threw on the RPOs wasn’t because the slant wasn’t there. The first FIU got away with illegal contact. There DB covering the flat ran into Wiggins. The 2nd was tight coverage. DB go there early imo but still ball should have been caught..no QB coach or OC tells the QB were the ball should go on each play..if there’s other route on the play then they are all a options..we’ve thrown a Wheel off the RPO last week that jarren missec
I think you are right
Would be a nice analysis video for sure. I get you need bread and butter.

Advertisement
Back