RPO.....Richt midlife crisis?

Having a mobile QB makes the RPO more effective when the talent is equal or worse than the opposition. And if you actually have more talent than the opposition, it's OVER! LOL

Specific to the RPO we're running, the run plays are all inside. The opposition doesn't have to worry about sweeps or bootlegs, which reduces the opportunity to crease inside runs, IMO.

Most defenses are not bringing 6-7 man pressures against spread looks. They're bringing 4 or 5, and having the 5th and 6th guys "read". So, the "read" that Kaaya is making is probably right more often than not. We just have to win the blocks, then the back has to make a play.

There is nothing wrong with the RPO concept. We just haven't executed at the point of attack well enough to establish a run game.

But anyone suggesting RPO's are not MORE effective when the box has to account for a QB run as an OPTION (NOT Specifically an RPO play, but the fact that the QB can and does run) isn't being accurate.

But you don't have to believe me ...

Read this, and draw your own conclusions:

Jalen Hurts powers Alabama's dominant outside running game - SEC Blog- ESPN

Of course RPO concepts are harder to defend when you have a running QB. It adds another element.

That doesn't mean you NEED a running QB to run an RPO system though. Misinformed people keep saying Kaaya's not built for RPO's.

Oklahoma runs an ROP-based system, correct? Sam Bradford and Jason White won Heisman trophies running variations of that offense. Neither player was a mobile QB.

Advertisement
I could care less for RPO's.

Lame offense designed for short gains and keeps the defense moving towards the ball pass or run.

We need to play downfield and use the entire freaking field as we have the horses at WR, RB, and TE to make a pro style offense work which should also suit Kaaya.

Much like last year's defense was unsuitable to the guys we had on D the RPO is unsuitable for the guys we have on offense.

That simple

RPO's aren't unsuitable for anybody. SMH

Designed for short gains? Huh? You know how many big gains we've had off of RPO's?
Walton's long run against FSU was an RPO.
Coley's long catch against GT was an RPO.
Yearby's long run against UNC was an RPO.

LOL @ a spread/RPO offense not being suitable for a team from South FLA.

You run 30 RPO's a game and you will break a few.

To me the results just have not been there in wins or offensive production

Not a fan homie

I could care less for RPO's.

Lame offense designed for short gains and keeps the defense moving towards the ball pass or run.

We need to play downfield and use the entire freaking field as we have the horses at WR, RB, and TE to make a pro style offense work which should also suit Kaaya.

Much like last year's defense was unsuitable to the guys we had on D the RPO is unsuitable for the guys we have on offense.

That simple

RPO's aren't unsuitable for anybody. SMH

Designed for short gains? Huh? You know how many big gains we've had off of RPO's?
Walton's long run against FSU was an RPO.
Coley's long catch against GT was an RPO.
Yearby's long run against UNC was an RPO.

LOL @ a spread/RPO offense not being suitable for a team from South FLA.

You run 30 RPO's a game and you will break a few.

To me the results just have not been there in wins or offensive production

Not a fan homie

I charted a game a few weeks ago. We gained more YPP and YPC from the spread/RPO stuff. By a good amount too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back