RPO.....Richt midlife crisis?

HurricaneForce

O.G. Original Grassy
Please correct me if I'm wrong......but hasn't Richt always run the Pro Style Offense?......and he's always recruited good pro stlye QB's.....Matthew Stafford, David Greene, D.J. Shockley , Aaron Murray and I think this Eason kid they have there now was the top Pro Style coming out of HS last year.....same when he ran the O at FSU.

While I'm not adverse to the RPO, spread offense........JUST NOT WITH KAAYA......kid does not have the tools at all and as we all see...he's very uncomforatable in this offense.....bring in a OC who knows how to run it and install it for the Perry kid coming in.

When Richt was hire I admittedly thought he was ideal for Miami's offense vased on what he did at FSU and Georgia's offenses.....he ran the traditional "U" Pro style......in fact I was foolishly worried about the Defense before the season started.

So does anyone have any insight as to where or why this RPO has surfaced here.....did he ever run this at Georgia?

Last edited:
Advertisement
This RPO crap needs to be scrapped. They way it's being ran here is terrible

Just line-up power I and play football.

It's not like our only options are RPO or pro style. I am not opposed to running RPO as long as it's not your entire offense. Use it to complement other stuff

It's not like our only options are RPO or pro style. I am not opposed to running RPO as long as it's not your entire offense. Use it to complement other stuff

The problem is the RPO is our base offensive set. It's also killing the running game, imo.

Kaaya is not built for this kind of offense, and his feet aren't quick enough to run it. And I'm not talking about running the ball, I'm saying his feet aren't quick enough to reset and throw accurately from this set.

Advertisement
The only "tool" you need to run RPO's is a brain.

RPO is not an offense, it's a play concept.
And it has nothing to do with being mobile.

Advertisement

Didn't say it did.

Unless the P in RPO stands for "pass", Kaaya isn't getting the passing done - so let Rosier try.

It's not like he can do any worse.

Didn't say it did.

Unless the P in RPO stands for "pass", Kaaya isn't getting the passing done - so let Rosier try.

It's not like he can do any worse.

Yes he is. Our RPO routes are only ones he completes 100% of the time. It's either a bubble or slant.

Advertisement
I don't think a lot of people understand what an RPO is.

Hopefully this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxGF9NBCfa8&index=4&list=PLkr-ZOfJPy9jxvKN8aazy8YTqUpvAv8ph

I think the fans have a misconception of what the RPO is in our offense. Our version of the RPO isn't designed to make Kaaya a running threat. He basically has two options. His key read is the outside linebacker followed by the the corner. If the OLB crashes on the run, then we throw the bubble/slant. If not, Kaaya gives it to the running back.

Hopefully this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxGF9NBCfa8&index=4&list=PLkr-ZOfJPy9jxvKN8aazy8YTqUpvAv8ph

I think the fans have a misconception of what the RPO is in our offense. Our version of the RPO isn't designed to make Kaaya a running threat. He basically has two options. His key read is the outside linebacker followed by the the corner. If the OLB crashes on the run, then we throw the bubble/slant. If not, Kaaya gives it to the running back.

Many of us understand what RPOs are.

Problem is it should just be a tool of your offense not 80% of your playcalling.

Advertisement

Hopefully this helps.

Many of us understand what RPOs are.

Problem is it should just be a tool of your offense not 80% of your playcalling.

YOU seem to understand what an RPO. Most on here don't, hence the reason they keep saying Kaaya isn't a good QB to run them.

They think it's the read option.

The problem is the RPO is our base offensive set. It's also killing the running game, imo.

Kaaya is not built for this kind of offense, and his feet aren't quick enough to run it. And I'm not talking about running the ball, I'm saying his feet aren't quick enough to reset and throw accurately from this set.

RPO is not an offensive set.

Advertisement
Back