RPI - Potential movement this week

AntwanJ306

Thunderdome
Obviously the first step is that we need to take care of business, otherwise the rest of this is meaningless.

Current:

#5 .5997 Houston plays Temple (13-29)
#6 .5990 Vanderbilt plays South Carolina
#7 .5988 Oregon State plays Washington
#8 .5965 Rice plays Louisiana Tech (15-32)
#9 .5953 Louisiana-Lafayette plays Louisiana-Monroe (22-31)
#10 .5933 Miami plays North Carolina

We have virtually no shot of catching Vanderbilt or Oregon State, unless they get swept. But both are on fire and are at home, so I'm going to assume that we won't catch them. The other three, however, are all playing RPI killers this weekend. We could absolutely jump up to the #7 spot, even if they all win their games. At that point, #7 with our recent record and overall ACC record would almost mandate a national seed.

Advertisement
What are we looking at if we take 2 of 3? I feel that a desperate UNC team is gonna take a game this weekend, especially since they do have good pitching. I know it depends on what others ahead of us do but how bad would a loss be? (other than allow UVa to catch us)

What are we looking at if we take 2 of 3? I feel that a desperate UNC team is gonna take a game this weekend, especially since they do have good pitching. I know it depends on what others ahead of us do but how bad would a loss be? (other than allow UVa to catch us)

Let me plug in the numbers and get back to you.

Here's what I came up with. Like you said, this all depends on what other teams do, but here is what would happen to our score:

Sweep - jump to .5971, which would currently place us 8th
Go 2-1 - fall to .5919, no drop at all
Go 1-2 - fall to .5869, that would put us at #14
Get swept - fall to .5819, putting us at #18

The important thing to remember is that since it is at home, we will only get 0.7 for a win but 1.3 for a loss. So going 2-1 is essentially the same as splitting the series evenly.

Okay that sounds right. Thanks. We need to take care of business but like I said, this is a desperate UNC team with a great Friday night starter and a lineup that has many guys who were very good last year but have struggled this year. Let's hope they don't all of a sudden break out.

Advertisement
Gift #1 comes in early......Houston loses to #243 Temple. This will drop them like a rock. We will move up to #9 before we even start our game.

Advertisement
Here's what I came up with. Like you said, this all depends on what other teams do, but here is what would happen to our score:

Go 2-1 - fall to .5919, no drop at all

This stuff pretty much falls in line. After going 2-1, we sit at .5916, pretty close to what I projected.

Advertisement
UVA crapped the bed this weekend, shocked to say the least. Makes Miami's run all the more impressive.

Just dropped by the UVA site, they're salty as ****, lulz.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back