Off-Topic Rotator cuff

24/7canes

Recruit
If anyone has any input with ways of fixing would love to hear. If you are in the know do you know anything about King Brand rotator cuff injury treatment. TIA.

Advertisement
Did you get an MRI?

Came back from two rotator cuff injuries over the last 3 years. Tons of physical therapy - some self-driven.

If the tendon - depending on what part - is too far gone, surgery is the only alternative.

DM me. Would be happy to answer any questions and send you different exercises PTs sent me. It’s a long, long process, man. One took me almost 6 months to recover. The other took about 4 months.

Shoulders are a *****. Get a good ortho and listen to them. Unfortunately these things can take tons of PT, time and yes sometimes surgery is inevitable. Best thing to do until you get proper direction is to mitigate damage to the joint - so no clean and jerking. Good luck.

MRI. Tear or impingement? My son deals with it every season, After fall he was out 5 weeks.

Advertisement
Tore my rotator cuff and labrum in high school. Had to have surgery. If you are young I'd recommend it because you can make a full range of motion recovery with physical therapy help at the end of the surgery.

Did you get an MRI?

Came back from two rotator cuff injuries over the last 3 years. Tons of physical therapy - some self-driven.

If the tendon - depending on what part - is too far gone, surgery is the only alternative.

DM me. Would be happy to answer any questions and send you different exercises PTs sent me. It’s a long, long process, man. One took me almost 6 months to recover. The other took about 4 months.
I fell from about 20 feet late in 2020 and my shoulder hit a metal structure that completely destroyed my rotator cuff.The tendon was hanging from a potato ship thin slice.The only reason the DR didn't do a complete replacement is I was 51 at the time and he hates to do so to people under 60.Like you say physical therapy is extremely important.Here I am about 10 months from my last surgery and I'm very limited at about 60% back and with pain when I move my arm up or reach around my back but I needed to get back to my daily obligations and had to stop rehabbing.

I fell from about 20 feet late in 2020 and my shoulder hit a metal structure that completely destroyed my rotator cuff.The tendon was hanging from a potato ship thin slice.The only reason the DR didn't do a complete replacement is I was 51 at the time and he hates to do so to people under 60.Like you say physical therapy is extremely important.Here I am about 10 months from my last surgery and I'm very limited at about 60% back and with pain when I move my arm up or reach around my back but I needed to get back to my daily obligations and had to stop rehabbing.
Hope you get to a point where you don’t feel pain. Opening the cot**** fridge can send a twinge across your shoulder and back.

This is heartbreaking since I’ve been trying to find an ortho in Jax but everyone’s crazy booked. Didn’t know what to expect but was hoping they would just recommend some PT and send me on my way. Damnit.

Advertisement
Years of heavy lifting resulted in a slow and gradual tear of my rotator cuff and labrum. I had 80% of the rotator cuff torn and 2 tears in my labrum, one quite significant. My injury was odd. I never had pain or discomfort but from one day to the next, it felt like my shoulder was about to fall off.

I had a great doctor who was initially reluctant to conduct surgery but I wanted to keep lifting heavy and neither he nor I thought that solely PT would get me to where I wanted to be. It took me about 9 months to get back to pretty active lifting and about 12 months for full-go/no restrictions. I feel awesome now. Surgery was totally worth it. But I was a great candidate too-under 40, active, and had good range of motion. I was also very dedicated with PT and did a lot of stuff on my own.

My tips: (1) find the best doc; (2) find the best PT; do what they say religiously and attend PT religiously; (3) do stuff on your own.

It's pretty much a 1 year process so if you decide to do surgery, you got to invest in it. (I don't know how @LuCane recovered so quickly!)

IF you don’t have to repair it surgically, go aggressive on PT & consider BPC 157 & PRP injection(s) into shoulder capsule.

Tore mine on a wipe out snowboarding. Couldn't sleep for over a month. PT did the trick for me. I guess severity is key but I would avoid surgery if at all possible.

Advertisement
Mine has been sore for about 15 years. Comes and goes. Doc basically told me to just stretch it at home.

How’d I get it? Trying to get the high score in those bar boxing games where you hit the speed bag once. So yeah.

Tore mine about 15 years ago. I had surgery and 3 different rounds of pt, and it's still not right. You have to continue to do pt at home for it to improve.
It's a *****!. I don't think it ever gets close to being the same.

As an aside, I have often wondered how professional football players return from rotator cuff surgery. Not because you can't get back to 100% or close to it, but I am so much more cognizant now of how delicate the shoulder is; I don't know how those guys play 1 hit away from re-injury. I've had a couple scares here and there with random pain or a couple silly falls and I get this sinking feeling I tore it again. In fact, this past weekend I was pushing some kids on a snow sled and pushed so hard I fell. I landed on my repaired shoulder and had a jolt of pain that resulted in me thinking "Oh, **** what did I do?" And I'm not having 6'3" 235 pound guys running into me! Those guys ought to get paid!

Advertisement
Years of heavy lifting resulted in a slow and gradual tear of my rotator cuff and labrum. I had 80% of the rotator cuff torn and 2 tears in my labrum, one quite significant. My injury was odd. I never had pain or discomfort but from one day to the next, it felt like my shoulder was about to fall off.

I had a great doctor who was initially reluctant to conduct surgery but I wanted to keep lifting heavy and neither he nor I thought that solely PT would get me to where I wanted to be. It took me about 9 months to get back to pretty active lifting and about 12 months for full-go/no restrictions. I feel awesome now. Surgery was totally worth it. But I was a great candidate too-under 40, active, and had good range of motion. I was also very dedicated with PT and did a lot of stuff on my own.

My tips: (1) find the best doc; (2) find the best PT; do what they say religiously and attend PT religiously; (3) do stuff on your own.

It's pretty much a 1 year process so if you decide to do surgery, you got to invest in it. (I don't know how @LuCane recovered so quickly!)
Ha. I didn’t get surgery! Had partial tears + impingement in both. One from externally rotating a heavy dumbbell as I stupidly put down the weight from an incline bench. The other after buying a mountain bike during the pandemic and taking a header over the steering wheel.

The weightlifting one felt more like it had built up over time and twinged in that moment. I didn't touch a weight for those 6 months. Did tons of PT. Whether it helped or not, I did acupuncture. Constantly carried bands with me.

Now I warm up like an old *** man before touching weights and am very careful with anything overhead or heavy. You don't realize how disabling a bad shoulder can be until it happens, I guess. Glad you got over yours, man.

I had a left shoulder torn rotator cuff, had surgery, tripped and fell a month later, landed on the left elbow elbow. This gave me an idea of what my mother Went through, giving me birth. Had second surgery on what was now spaghetti strands of ligament. It failed, I have atrophy of the supraspinatus, can’t raise my arm beyond elbow level. But thank God I can still do the things that grandma said will make go blind…

If anyone has any input with ways of fixing would love to hear. If you are in the know do you know anything about King Brand rotator cuff injury treatment. TIA.
That brace is the best as far as I know. But you can still re-injure and undo the repair with the slightest sudden movement.. You will need to be really disciplined In immobilizing the arm, and follow the post-surgery instructions. Good luck to you, hope all goes well.

Have had 2 surgeries on the right, one surgery on the left. Each had a 6 month recovery time which included physical therapy. My right is good, my left needs to be replaced.

The surgeries suck. The physical therapy sucks. Unless you can’t lift your arm, or your activities of daily living are significantly affected, I’d avoid surgery.

Physical therapy alone can help a lot, depending on the significance of the injury.

Advertisement
Back