2023 Roster Numbers

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Chris Stock of 247 did a brief overall roster summary to the best of his knowledge.

Here's his thinking:

Currently there are 79 scholarship players which includes former walkons Clay James and Ryan Ragone ( assuming they are still on scholarship with the coaching change). Chris did not count other walkons, but they could also be on scholarship too. Also, punter Nelson Foley is included.

Current breakdown: 36 offense, 39 defense, 4 special teams

Miami still has eight signed recruits and two transfers to join the team, which would put the number at 89 out of a maximum of 85.

However, Miami has eight super seniors which will not count towards the 85, which puts the number down to 81.

So at this point, Chris's best estimate is we are sitting at 81 scholarship players.

Advertisement
Chris Stock of 247 did a brief overall roster summary to the best of his knowledge.

Here's his thinking:

Currently there are 79 scholarship players which includes former walkons Clay James and Ryan Ragone ( assuming they are still on scholarship with the coaching change). Chris did not count other walkons, but they could also be on scholarship too. Also, punter Nelson Foley is included.

Miami still has eight signed recruits and two transfers to join the team, which would put the number at 89 out of a maximum of 85.

However, Miami has eight super seniors which will not count towards the 85, which puts the number down to 81.

So at this point, Chris's best estimate is we are sitting at 81 scholarship players.
I thought the super seniors only didn’t count last year and starting this year we were back at the 85 cap?

Advertisement

Here's his thinking:

As per usual, he is wrong.

Advertisement
I thought the super seniors only didn’t count last year and starting this year we were back at the 85 cap?
The ncaa has to extend it through 2024 when the freshman class that got the free year will be seniors.

It creates a terrible situation for the players if they don’t. There will be more mass attrition with nowhere for players to go.

Advertisement
The ncaa has to extend it through 2024 when the freshman class that got the free year will be seniors.

It creates a terrible situation for the players if they don’t. There will be more mass attrition with nowhere for players to go.
It’s definitely a terrible situation but I haven’t seen anything about extending that past the 21 season. I recall that being discussed and ultimately turned down going back to 85 with the 22 season.

Here's who I have:

1649461695235.png
1649461737791.png
1649461755292.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back