Roster composition and attrition - updated to 8/14/19

Hurricane23

Sophomore
OK, my question is, since we are at 50% blue chip ratio. Can we win a "chip" with this roster? This season or next season

JMG

Sophomore
This defense getttinggg THINNNNNNNNN

We need to bring in 4 corners this year and 3 safeties.

grover

Senior
Who "failed to qualify or left before first season" out of the 2019 class?

I can't believe we're STILL at 76/77 kids. Is that including guys like our long snapper and Few? The top talent is getting stronger. But our depth sucks.

BisCane

Junior
Good stuff. Could you add the 2005 class? Wasn't that the one full of stars turned busts?

umiamifan1

Freshman
For whatever reason we insist on limiting ourselves by not using anything close to the full 85 scholarships we're allotted. Can anyone explain why?

grover

Senior
For whatever reason we insist on limiting ourselves by not using anything close to the full 85 scholarships we're allotted. Can anyone explain why?
It's the small upper-classes. 85 total, but only 25 per class. We filled 2019 and even backfilled the remaining spots on 2018 with early entrants. So we couldn't add more kids than we had (maybe one spot left). Then Wilder medically retires, Milo quits, and lately D Smith and Bethel leave. I'm sure I'm forgetting some other names. Suddenly, we're at 76 kids.

Whoever tracks the counters, I'd like to know how many kids we're able to add to this class now. Many are EEs, so we could count them to the 2019 class if there are any available counters. It looks like we only have 16 true freshmen on the eligibility chart. But I don't know how all those portal kids count -- are they allocated to 2019, or to their original class coming out of HS?

fresssh

Junior
OK, my question is, since we are at 50% blue chip ratio. Can we win a "chip" with this roster? This season or next season
We absolutely can get to the playoffs this year, and from there anything can happen. Obviously we have some question marks with QB, O line, new head coach/coordinators. But Manny is special. We will be our next JJ. Hes built for this job. For the first time in YEARS we have a HC that prioritizes football, and that had me hype! Were going to whoop UF’s ass Notre Dame style and the momentum will be through the roof