Rosier's deep ball

canefan88xbl

Redshirt Freshman
Can someone explain to me why Rosier puts so much air under his deep throws? He clearly has arm strength, why doesn't he throw them open and let our speed guys beat the corners? I'm quite confident people are not going to be able to stay with Harley, Richards and Thomas.

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me why Rosier puts so much air under his deep throws? He clearly has arm strength, why doesn't he throw them open and let our speed guys beat the corners? I'm quite confident people are not going to be able to stay with Harley, Richards and Thomas.

How many "deep" balls have you seen Rosier throw this year?

tumblr_nwszx5tnr61qgwi7to2_400.gif

Putting air under the deep ball is often a good thing. It lets our WRs run under the ball and make a play. Also an easier catch angle than a frozen rope. We haven't seen many true 'deep' balls from Rosier yet, but his mid to long range passing has been very impressive IMO. Langham pass against BCU was on the money. Berrios corner route against Toledo was on the money, and he dropped a perfect ball into Mullins who flat dropped it.

Advertisement
Sheesh. Rosier throws the best deep ball here in eons - 10+ years easily.

Compared to Kaaya overthrowing his man by 10 yards out of bounds?

Hold on, I'll ask him

Putting air under the deep ball is often a good thing. It lets our WRs run under the ball and make a play. Also an easier catch angle than a frozen rope. We haven't seen many true 'deep' balls from Rosier yet, but his mid to long range passing has been very impressive IMO. Langham pass against BCU was on the money. Berrios corner route against Toledo was on the money, and he dropped a perfect ball into Mullins who flat dropped it.

geno torretta won the heisman putting air under the deep ball.

Advertisement

geno torretta won the heisman putting air under the deep ball.

Boom

How many deep balls have you seen to Richards, Harley, and Thomas so far?

How many can you see from a receiver that hasn't played this year?

Well Richards hasn't played yet ... so there's that

Advertisement
It's only a problem when the ball is under thrown. If you can throw the ball 70 yards AND put air under it, it's a good thing. If your timing is good, it makes the WRs job of running under and catching it so much easier. NOT an issue to worry about.

Well Richards hasn't played yet ... so there's that

That's what I was referring too... OP mentioned just throwing it out there and letting those 3 go get it and 1 hasn't played, 1 hasn't been targeted much, and the other hasn't been targeted deep.

Can you refer to specific plays where he has done this? Bet you can't

Advertisement
Op might be talking about the bethune game and i think he was throwing to langham or cager but the ball did kind of hang in the air. Its nothing serious and can easily be adjusted.

Advertisement
Back