Rosier starter

Advertisement
Why? What has he actually shown you that says he should start? I just don't get it. Let the kid come into the game with less pressure and be successful. There's no shame in that. It's probably the way it should have gone from the start.

More accurate, stronger arm. The offense can take off with him. With Rosier, he gives the added dimension of being more mobile, but he continues to be unable to hit deeper passes on a consistent basis and doesn't put receivers in a good position for YAC. Perry makes some boneheaded plays, but we are out of the national title picture at this point, and the rest of the season is essentially for recruiting. Showing some of these guys like Haselwood that we can have an explosive offense is the best way to go IMO.

Before I begin, I don't know if it is worth the time to discuss it. With that said...

Very few coaches make changes after seasons of progress.

1. In terms of "progress", there was "progress". There was "progress" from a record stand point. There was obvious "progress" on defense. But there was NO "progress" on offense (see the data below). In fact the offense actually regressed. We scored less points and gained less yards. So there was NO "progress" on offense. So your above post doesn't make any sense because there was no "progress" on offense. Any ***ing idiot knew this offense had tremendous issues too. Any decent coach would have fixed these obvious issues after last season.

2. The obvious and biggest issues facing this team (after last off-season) were as follows:

(a.) The Offense [biggest issue]
(b.) Special Teams

So what does Richt do when given the opportunity to add a 10th coach? Brings in Patke. A bartender to help on defense. Even when he didn't need to make a change, he failed.

3. The sad part of all of this is that Richt is an "offensive" guy. Golden was a "defensive" guy. What does that say when the biggest weakness is your specialty?

4. Back to your sentence above. I don't know how to interpret that first part. Are you saying HCs don't fix obvious issues on their teams?

[Here is the data for our ACC Schedule]

2016 (averages): Defense

Points Allowed: 21.75 (This includes the 7 points on the STs TD against Pitt, the 100 Yard Return) [Actual Points Allowed is 20.875]
Yards Allowed: 397.75
Turnovers: 1.5
Sacks: 2.5
Tackles for Loss: 6.75

2016 (averages): Offense

Points Scored: 29.38 (This includes the 14 points the D scored against GT, 2 Fumble TDs) [Actual Points Scored is 27.625]
Yards Gained: 394.13
Turnovers: .63
Sacks: 2
Tackles for Loss: 5.5

2017 (averages): Defense

Points Allowed: 18.75 (This includes the 7 points on the STs onside kick flop against GT) [Actual Points Allowed is 17.875]
Yards Allowed: 368.25
Turnovers: 2.75
Sacks: 3.75
Tackles for Loss: 8.75

2017 (averages): Offense

Points Scored: 27.125 (This includes the 7 points the D scored against UVA, Johnson Pick 6) [Actual Points Scored is 26.25]
Yards Gained: 392.625
Turnovers: 1.25
Sacks: 2.375
Tackles for Loss: 5.375

Hating on Malik because of play calling? Smh.. You act like we have an issue with malik just to hate him. Man.. HE DOES NOT THROW PASSES OVER THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD. The guy who is "less likely to turn the ball over" has a career TD to interception ratio of 1.65. That means statistically for every TD pass he throws he's throwing an interception BEFORE he throws another TD.

Noted. No objection from me on your statistical analysis of Rosier. What you're not noting is that Rosier is still the best option to run our offense. Perry is simply not there yet, despite of the few very pretty balls he's thrown. Its not as complex as we're making it. A great defense will keep us in games. Playing "the lesser of two evils" at QB is not a bad way to do it. ****, the Ravens won a super bowl with sorry *** Trent Dilfer at QB. Ive seen stranger things. lol

Nah homie what cost us that game was Perry turning it over 2 times in the first quarter after we had 2 INT's.

THat isn;'t going ot give you a W.
Malik! You had 3 qtrs to bring us back from that big 10 pt deficit so now them 2 early ints in the first qtr cost us the game???? You a dumb motha****a

Advertisement
I guess the question is.. wtf have they been doing that Perry isn’t ready to play yet, and doesn’t have full grasp of the playbook?

Sounds to me like Perry is a lost cause. The reason why people were on the Perry train to begin with is because he was younger, and may be able to develop into something that would push us to the next level. He has the raw talent, though very inconsistent, and most are willing to deal with The growing pains to see how he would progress...

But with Richt Rolling with Malik, it nixes all of that. It means that Perry, in his second year on campus, is just a failed prospect. Malik is Malik... he is not beating Clemson.. The move seems to be a position saving move to get our 9 or 10 wins so that his play calling/Perry’s underdevelopment isn’t further exposed.

I think Perry Transfers out along with Weldon, and Williams is the starter next year..

I don't think it's the playbook. I think it's more he can't recognize what the defense is doing. and UVA threw some stuff at him that had him totally overwhelmed. I don't think it's so bad to work him into the game with some clear cut packages. It's going to be a pressure filled game again and Rosier has been there.

The evidence is there... N'Kosi isnt translating to college ball. Coach knows Rosier isnt that accurate, but thinks he can play the game better. This is exactly what I was worried about with N'Kosi... he dosnt seem to be getting it. We dont see what happens at practice, we dont know whats going on in meetings, and we dont know whats being said between players and coaches. Richt isn't an idiot... he has his reasons for doing this.

Naw... it's not that complicated... He is an IDIOT!!!

Advertisement
I'm not happy, either, but maybe the competition makes Perry increase his performance even more and leave no doubt he should start (at least this year) in Richt's eyes. Outside of a few throws, the guy is a better overall quarterback: He keeps his eyes up field, he doesn't scramble too early, he normally throws a ball that allows the receiver to be led into the trajectory of the pass, he has a stronger arm (both velocity and distance), can scramble when necessary, etc. All he needs is more reps to step it up even more and end this nonsensical controversy (and sometimes trust the simple pass more).

Even though I disagree with almost everything above. Imagine if Perry had some decent coaching.

Last edited:
I have a major problem with it-- zero upside. Malik hasn't improved and his time is coming to and end regardless. Perry at least has upside, potentially. This season is in the toilet. Put Perry through the ringer and have it all on film.

It's not quite a busted season yet, but if tough-minded Boston College defeats mighty Miami, then Cane fan can say the season has been flushed down the toilet. Ouch.

You are pointing out what everyone here is thinking...re: Perry has more upside. That's certainly a valid point and one that I agree with.

That said, CMR is looking at it from a standpoint where we have an elite defense that will keep us in games regardless of offensive output provided our offense minimize the big mistakes (fumbles, INTs, etc.). Perhaps Rosier is the safer bet at this time.

It's really a philosophical choice, risk/reward.

You can use that elite defense to support a kid who most seem to think has a future, or you can go back to a guy who has shown you absolutely everything he has and you still benched him. If I'm a defensive player, I know which one I find more motivation as I carry this team week to week.

For your sake, you better PRAY that Miami doesn't lose that game against tough-minded Boston College. Otherwise, the chit will hit the fan in the Cane locker room and practice field!

I don't pray for things like sports outcomes, but...

Given that Im fixing to spend like $2K+ to fly my girlfriend and I from San Francisco to Boston for this game, I sure am hoping that Rosier has a good game and the Canes come away with the win.

Advertisement
I guess the question is.. wtf have they been doing that Perry isn’t ready to play yet, and doesn’t have full grasp of the playbook?

Sounds to me like Perry is a lost cause. The reason why people were on the Perry train to begin with is because he was younger, and may be able to develop into something that would push us to the next level. He has the raw talent, though very inconsistent, and most are willing to deal with The growing pains to see how he would progress...

But with Richt Rolling with Malik, it nixes all of that. It means that Perry, in his second year on campus, is just a failed prospect. Malik is Malik... he is not beating Clemson.. The move seems to be a position saving move to get our 9 or 10 wins so that his play calling/Perry’s underdevelopment isn’t further exposed.

I think Perry Transfers out along with Weldon, and Williams is the starter next year..
Could happen for sure. There are too many variables that we Don’t know yet, is Perry taking the job seriously? Didn’t look like it vs uva early on and the playbook does seems limited with him right now for whatever reason.

1539798420476.gif

Attachments

• 1539798393105.gif
    1539798393105.gif
    1,021.1 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
He WON'T!!! Don't kid yourself and get your hopes up. He is not going to get an OC, OL or QB coach. The man is a stubborn as Alf Gorlden.

This is MR a christian an bible man that is not humble enough to adap or correct any mistake.

It's not quite a busted season yet, but if tough-minded Boston College defeats mighty Miami, then Cane fan can say the season has been flushed down the toilet. Ouch.

Then for once mack you're more optimistic than I am.

I realize I'm living in the past, but to me, a loss to UVA and their Jr high offense is a toilet bowl entry for the season.

It's really a philosophical choice, risk/reward.

You can use that elite defense to support a kid who most seem to think has a future, or you can go back to a guy who has shown you absolutely everything he has and you still benched him. If I'm a defensive player, I know which one I find more motivation as I carry this team week to week.

It is what it is. CMR is on the other side of the fan base's thoughts right now. Im indifferent on the issue. I have no issue with Rosier getting the start. If he continues to suck and not produce, then put Perry back in. If Rosier moves the ball without turnovers, then we win bigly IMO.

I can’t watch Rosier play QB anymore. I just can’t.

This right here, watching this offense with him at the helm is worse than watching our defense during the D'ono years. Perry at least brought some excitement and the ability to make a big play with his arm. I'm not sold on Perry being the answer, but I know Rosier isn't the answer. I just don't understand giving this guy any more opportunity.

I'll admit that at the end of Golden's tenure, I was happy to see us lose, figuring it would expedite a coaching change. I'm not there yet with Richt, but the thought sure is crossing my mind.

Advertisement
Back