Rosier starter

Advertisement
I would rather have Al Golden (he will hire an OC) back so long as we keep Manny and that hellified D. LOL.

I absolutely believe there's already team DISSENSION ( On another Cane blog, a poster said offensive linemen were yelling/blaming at each other on the sidelines and what not. He attended the game. ) in the locker room. Au contraire to what the blog staff and insiders have to say.
For instance, Cane fan has to full understand that one Mark Richt SPIT IN Manuel's face ( Metaphorically speaking. ), as well his defense, when he went for the onside kick. In other words, what CMR was telling Manuel was... I don't TRUST your defensive unit to force Virginia into a " three and out, " so I'm going to roll the dice, again, and GAMBLE that we recover an onside kick.
Links please..

The pick Perry had on the CB blitz was the exact same Int Rosier threw vs LSU.

So not only is he making the same exact mistakes, our coaching is not helping out either. Whole thing is a mess.

Plus Rosier had like 2 other ints dropped.

This needs to be reiterated ad nauseam.

Advertisement
#1 defense in country, wasted by Richt's offense and his star QB Rosier. This is crazy!!

BINGO! And what makes Cane matter worst. CMR DISRESPECTED Manuel and the defense when he decided on the onside kick. In other words, CMR was subtly telling Manuel and the defense... I don't trust your defense to force Virginia into a ' three and punt " scenario. Yikes!

The pick Perry had on the CB blitz was the exact same Int Rosier threw vs LSU.

So not only is he making the same exact mistakes, our coaching is not helping out either. Whole thing is a mess.

I'll take your word for that on the identical INTs. That said, it doesn't not change anything towards Perry and away from Rosier. The lack of a quality play caller is not going to change between this discussion and the BC game.

In short, the sky is not falling at the rate that folks here think it is.

Advertisement
We really need to re-evaluate this though hear me out. Yes Perry has more tools and talent than rosier(it’s obvious) but dating back to unc game we have played 3 of the most conservative games I’ve seen richt call probably since he’s been here. If rosier coming in opens the offense up alittle more than it is right now then its better imo than trying to run an offense with training wheels on it due to richt calling so many conservative plays with Perry know what I mean?

I guess the question is.. wtf have they been doing that Perry isn’t ready to play yet, and doesn’t have full grasp of the playbook?

Sounds to me like Perry is a lost cause. The reason why people were on the Perry train to begin with is because he was younger, and may be able to develop into something that would push us to the next level. He has the raw talent, though very inconsistent, and most are willing to deal with The growing pains to see how he would progress...

But with Richt Rolling with Malik, it nixes all of that. It means that Perry, in his second year on campus, is just a failed prospect. Malik is Malik... he is not beating Clemson.. The move seems to be a position saving move to get our 9 or 10 wins so that his play calling/Perry’s underdevelopment isn’t further exposed.

I think Perry Transfers out along with Weldon, and Williams is the starter next year..

Advertisement
Im already starting to look towards next year this season went down the drain fast.

I'm not happy, either, but maybe the competition makes Perry increase his performance even more and leave no doubt he should start (at least this year) in Richt's eyes. Outside of a few throws, the guy is a better overall quarterback: He keeps his eyes up field, he doesn't scramble too early, he normally throws a ball that allows the receiver to be led into the trajectory of the pass, he has a stronger arm (both velocity and distance), can scramble when necessary, etc. All he needs is more reps to step it up even more and end this nonsensical controversy (and sometimes trust the simple pass more).

Let's see what he does with his next set of reps.

But he cannot read defense. He has no idea what he is seeing on the field. How do you fix that if it hasn't happened in over a year? Genuinely curious- it would seem to me after more than a year in the program you would have seen enough film and gotten enough snaps to remember what certain coverages look like. Maybe I am being simplistic but it's definitely a problem for Perry.

There's gotta be more to this story. Has to be.

Oh well. Let's see what other changes are going to be made. Richt either gonna shut us all up, or make us growl louder. He's not ready for a ****ed off Miami fan base.

Advertisement
The season aint ******* over. We still need to win the coastal to get the extra game against Clemson. We're still on track for the goals that reasonable Canes fans felt was achievable this season.

It seems that coach Richt also wants to have someone with experience next season. That's why Perry is still going to get reps going forward in spite of looking totally outmatched by the job in the UVA game.

The sky is not falling. We just dropped a game due to bad in game coaching.

For your sake, you better PRAY that Miami doesn't lose that game against tough-minded Boston College. Otherwise, the chit will hit the fan in the Cane locker room and practice field!

Advertisement
Back