Rosier starter

lol at posters wanting rosier so we can get to the ACC championship game

why????????????????? so we can molly whooped by 30+ and have the dogs called off on us early in the 3rd quarter on national TV????

you call THAT a success? I'd much rather drop 2 more games with perry or williams then get straight TRASHED again like that

Advertisement
The funny part about that is; He is NOT less likely to turn the ball over. Dude makes decisions and reads that are equally as bad if not worse than a ******* Freshman , without the upside of arm talent.

I don't share that opinion. Perry looked lost against the first team that had real film on him. Rosier brings a little more to the game intellectually.

Advertisement
I don't share that opinion. Perry looked lost against the first team that had real film on him. Rosier brings a little more to the game intellectually.

The only reason Rosier didn't have multiple turnovers against UVA is because they dropped them................................this just flat out isn't true. Rosier misses reads at the same clip if not worse than Perry, it's just that Perry at least has the physical tools to bail out some of those mistakes.

I have no problem with Rosier being named the starter. His resume is far more impressive than any other QB on the roster right now.

I simply see way too much blind faith in N'Kosi Perry right now. Im not convinced he's the guy right now. Let both guys spit time and see how Perry develops.

Like that old adage: If you have two QBs you have none. That's the case at UM right now.

Son, are you on drugs?

We really need to re-evaluate this though hear me out. Yes Perry has more tools and talent than rosier(it’s obvious) but dating back to unc game we have played 3 of the most conservative games I’ve seen richt call probably since he’s been here. If rosier coming in opens the offense up alittle more than it is right now then its better imo than trying to run an offense with training wheels on it due to richt calling so many conservative plays with Perry know what I mean?

U sir, have hit the proverbial BULLS EYE! Nothing more, nothing less. CMR's extreme conservative play calling is MORE to BLAME than an inexperienced # 5.
For example, the Herbie CornSUCKERS are starting a true freshmen QB who is putting up BETTER numbers than both Miami's QB's combined. OUCH! Why? Because the play calling are designed to his STRENGTH'S and what not. There are, also, other examples across the country regarding inexperienced QB's, be they freshmen or sophomore's, who are putting up better numbers than Miami's QB's. Go figure.

Advertisement
Perry should be the starter.

Why? What has he actually shown you that says he should start? I just don't get it. Let the kid come into the game with less pressure and be successful. There's no shame in that. It's probably the way it should have gone from the start.

The banner will be seen over Hard Rock IF tough-minded Boston College defeats Miami. Especially IF tough-minded Boston College ' bytch slaps " Miami on national telly!

Rooting for BC, GT, Vtech and Pitt to knock the shiit out of Rosier. Don't give a flying banner fcks about what down voting fckrd say.

Advertisement

The pick Perry had on the CB blitz was the exact same Int Rosier threw vs LSU.

So not only is he making the same exact mistakes, our coaching is not helping out either. Whole thing is a mess.

Plus Rosier had like 2 other ints dropped.

I have a major problem with it-- zero upside. Malik hasn't improved and his time is coming to and end regardless. Perry at least has upside, potentially. This season is in the toilet. Put Perry through the ringer and have it all on film.

You are pointing out what everyone here is thinking...re: Perry has more upside. That's certainly a valid point and one that I agree with.

That said, CMR is looking at it from a standpoint where we have an elite defense that will keep us in games regardless of offensive output provided our offense minimize the big mistakes (fumbles, INTs, etc.). Perhaps Rosier is the safer bet at this time.

Advertisement
I have a major problem with it-- zero upside. Malik hasn't improved and his time is coming to and end regardless. Perry at least has upside, potentially. This season is in the toilet. Put Perry through the ringer and have it all on film.

I agree with this. Rosier has had enough of a sample size to know what he is for us. Perry doesn't have the amount of reps, but all his initial attributes (even showed some clutch gene against FSU) appear to outweigh what we've seen from Rosier.

And on the two ints, is that reason to really pull him? Why not calm him down on the sideline and then call simpler, short passes to build his confidence? We've seen him start slowly against FSU already and then start throwing multiple touchdowns and great throws to come back. Why not allow him the same grace period against UVA that was allowed against FSU?

I could understand giving Rosier the start against BC if he brought us back to beat UVA or if Perry turned it over even more that game and finished with a subpar completion percentage. But otherwise its a bad move.

The *** whooping they took against LSU must have been hilarious to them.

How would the play calling be any different with Perry in the game? Hating on Rosier because we have an inept play caller seems misplaced IMO.

With an elite level defense and no elite QBs on the roster, the correct choice for starting QB could likely be the guy who is less likely to turn the ball over. It is what it is.

Hating on Malik because of play calling? Smh.. You act like we have an issue with malik just to hate him. Man.. HE DOES NOT THROW PASSES OVER THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD. The guy who is "less likely to turn the ball over" has a career TD to interception ratio of 1.65. That means statistically for every TD pass he throws he's throwing an interception BEFORE he throws another TD.

If CMR truly cares about UM, he should give up play calling and hire a legit OC. He's 58 years old and is the perfect CEO but simply can not hang with the young OC's who are hungry af and willing to adapt. With the talent south florida has and our current roster, there is zero reason we should not hang 28+ on every team.

Advertisement
Back