Rosier starter

Holy **** UGA fans must be ****ing themselves laughing and I don’t blame them

The *** whooping they took against LSU must have been hilarious to them.
I appreciate your optimism buddy but this is not based in reality.

How many Run-Run-Incomplete Pass-Punt series do we need to see from Rosier

3rd Down percentage with Rosier at the helm was and will continue to be historically bad. There’s just no basis to think playcalling will be more open.

There’s 1.5 years of trash playcalling to prove it.

Shrug.

How would the play calling be any different with Perry in the game? Hating on Rosier because we have an inept play caller seems misplaced IMO.

With an elite level defense and no elite QBs on the roster, the correct choice for starting QB could likely be the guy who is less likely to turn the ball over. It is what it is.

Advertisement
I can't watch Rosier play any longer. I'm done, I lose my mind when he's on the field and missing open receivers all over the place. How can I go about just watching the D? What the **** is going on in Coral Gables? Wow, what a mess this season has turned into... Richt is going to have a revolt on his hands soon.

I absolutely believe there's already team DISSENSION ( On another Cane blog, a poster said offensive linemen were yelling/blaming at each other on the sidelines and what not. He attended the game. ) in the locker room. Au contraire to what the blog staff and insiders have to say.
For instance, Cane fan has to full understand that one Mark Richt SPIT IN Manuel's face ( Metaphorically speaking. ), as well his defense, when he went for the onside kick. In other words, what CMR was telling Manuel was... I don't TRUST your defensive unit to force Virginia into a " three and out, " so I'm going to roll the dice, again, and GAMBLE that we recover an onside kick.

Advertisement
The season aint ******* over. We still need to win the coastal to get the extra game against Clemson. We're still on track for the goals that reasonable Canes fans felt was achievable this season.

It seems that coach Richt also wants to have someone with experience next season. That's why Perry is still going to get reps going forward in spite of looking totally outmatched by the job in the UVA game.

The sky is not falling. We just dropped a game due to bad in game coaching.
Sorry bro. Im not a pessimist and id obviously enjoy winning any bowl game. But how can malik beat clemson? And even if we did beat them we are not making the playoffs. That was our goal man. That was the next step we were supposed to take

The *** whooping they took against LSU must have been hilarious to them.

How would the play calling be any different with Perry in the game? Hating on Rosier because we have an inept play caller seems misplaced IMO.

With an elite level defense and no elite QBs on the roster, the correct choice for starting QB could likely be the guy who is less likely to turn the ball over. It is what it is.

The funny part about that is; He is NOT less likely to turn the ball over. Dude makes decisions and reads that are equally as bad if not worse than a ******* Freshman , without the upside of arm talent.

Nah homie what cost us that game was Perry turning it over 2 times in the first quarter after we had 2 INT's.

THat isn;'t going ot give you a W.

As I just posted to JHall, our situation right now looks like this:

1). Elite level defense
2). No elite QB's on the roster.

Given those two data points, I can see the justification for starting the guy who is less likely to make the big mistake (turnovers). Rosier is the headier, safer bet at this time. Again, I don't have an issue with him being named starter. Its simply where we are as a program.

Let me make this simple. Rosier sucks, Richt doesn't like Perry, so Williams should start. There are only about eight plays in the playbook so I'm sure he'll figure it out.

Also this should tell you that Rick put Perry in the game against FSU because he thought it was game over, not because he trusted Perry to mount a comeback. FSU's collapse was a miracle for Rick, otherwise we are sitting here year 3 with 3 losses and headed to 7-5 or 6-6. Most annoying thing is that pundits will say, "See, even Mark Rick can't turn Miami around" but the reality is that if Briles was OC (again, currently making 400k per year), 7-5 becomes 11-1.
Groom Williams for next year is probably in our future, after one more loss..

Advertisement
Rosier starting may not exactly equate to finishing. I'm not keen on Rosier but from the FSU game on Perry just looked off, could've been nerves or an inability to properly read better defensive schemes.
Our problem unfortunately is more with the OL.

Advertisement
I'm all for Williams getting the nod next year but it is a little frightening will all this bs going on that we're still not looking at a QB recruit in this class.

I have no problem with Rosier being named the starter. His resume is far more impressive than any other QB on the roster right now.

I simply see way too much blind faith in N'Kosi Perry right now. Im not convinced he's the guy right now. Let both guys spit time and see how Perry develops.

Like that old adage: If you have two QBs you have none. That's the case at UM right now.
We are 5 - 5 in our last 10 games. Guess which QB took the majority of the snaps in those 5 losses? Spoiler alert: it's not Perry.

Advertisement
I have no problem with Rosier being named the starter. His resume is far more impressive than any other QB on the roster right now.

I simply see way too much blind faith in N'Kosi Perry right now. Im not convinced he's the guy right now. Let both guys spit time and see how Perry develops.

Like that old adage: If you have two QBs you have none. That's the case at UM right now.

I have a major problem with it-- zero upside. Malik hasn't improved and his time is coming to and end regardless. Perry at least has upside, potentially. This season is in the toilet. Put Perry through the ringer and have it all on film.

Sorry bro. Im not a pessimist and id obviously enjoy winning any bowl game. But how can malik beat clemson? And even if we did beat them we are not making the playoffs. That was our goal man. That was the next step we were supposed to take

I'll submit that our goal was to compete with Clemson this season. Most thinking fans knew we were still a step behind Clemson right now. We are still on track to square off with Clemson in the ACC CG. And we have no concrete data that Perry can beat Clemson either, so lets not put that on Rosier.

I'm not happy, either, but maybe the competition makes Perry increase his performance even more and leave no doubt he should start (at least this year) in Richt's eyes. Outside of a few throws, the guy is a better overall quarterback: He keeps his eyes up field, he doesn't scramble too early, he normally throws a ball that allows the receiver to be led into the trajectory of the pass, he has a stronger arm (both velocity and distance), can scramble when necessary, etc. All he needs is more reps to step it up even more and end this nonsensical controversy (and sometimes trust the simple pass more).

Let's see what he does with his next set of reps.

Advertisement
Back