Rosier Injured Since NC?

cgates66

Recruit
Thinking back on a terrific season (thank you 'Canes!) - the first really "good" season in 15 years or so, I think - we've all noticed that Rosier's downfield passing has really fallen apart in the 2nd half of the season.

I'm curious if anyone else suspects that, when he hurt his shoulder against NC, he just never had a chance to recover. He seems to throw shorter stuff okay, but the deep stuff is just gone. Against VT, he had three bad interceptions. Against ND, he wasn't tested. The VA game was so chaotic who knows, and then against Pitt, Miami had guys running free all day and he flat couldn't hit them. Same story on Saturday against Clemson.

Shoulder injuries can be weird, and I wonder if his deep release has been broken down the stretch here - maybe a labrum injury, for example (which has ~1 year recovery time following surgery).

I mean, he's been missing high school throws, and I don't think it's because he's "bad" - Rosier was having a very strong season until recently.

Advertisement
He may be hurt, but that doesn't explain the horrendus decision making and locking on to receivers. The kid was a gamer but let's face the facts, this is good as it gets with him at QB. We need to open up the job in the spring and hope Perry takes a big step forward.

Maybe. It's definitely possible. He has looked worse since then, but let's not forget that he was never great. But this is plausible.

Possible. Seems like every QB who ***** the bed for us the second half of seasons is hiding an injury.

Advertisement
Pre UNC - 127/214 (59.4%), 14 TD, 3 INT

UNC on - 86/175 (49.1%) 11 TD, 8 INT

It was either roll with Rosier under 100%, Sherriffs or burn Perry's shirt with 5 games left in the year.

giphy.gif

It was either roll with Rosier under 100%, Sherriffs or burn Perry's shirt with 5 games left in the year.

I don't doubt the injury theory, but the competition in the back half of the year was substantially better than the early games (including F$U). If Perry isn't better than Rosier after a redshirt year and spring ball, then we mis-evaluated Perry.

Advertisement

I don't doubt the injury theory, but the competition in the back half of the year was substantially better than the early games (including F$U). If Perry isn't better than Rosier after a redshirt year and spring ball, then we mis-evaluated Perry.

But he played worse against the bad teams than he did against VT/ND.

I think it was a combination of the injury, the lack of rest and a complete loss of focus.

He's a limited QB one way or another.

I mean, teams just might've had more film on us. We showed a lot of our best formations/plays against VT and ND.

Gotta give credit to the opposing DCs also. I think as long as Chizik & Foster are at UNC & VT, they're gonna Richt issues. For some reason Richt struggles against teams that pattern match.

Advertisement

And if Perry isn't the guy, you give him a shot

cade.jpg

It's not like he was Sheriffs coming out of high school

Advertisement
Back