Rooting for Notre Lame or Clemson? (Now Game Thread)

If Covid forcing them to play rock/scissors/paper to determine the winner and both dying from papercuts isn't an option I'll go with Clemson.

Advertisement
Want Clemson to win by a small margin. Have 2 ACC teams in the playoffs. Then have Notre Dame get embarrassed by whomever in the semifinal.

First of all, I think it’s inevitable that they will eventually be a full member in the ACC. I know this one loss wouldn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things for Clemson but it’s a start. Great teams at the top can come crumbling down in the blink of an eye with a coaching change (Dabo to NFL?) and some bad luck. Look no further than FSPoo
dabo isn't going anywhere outside of health issues, a major scandal, or unless saban retires and bama comes calling, and even then he might want to stay at the program he built.

there's honestly no real reason to hate clemson unless you're just a hater of a damned good program. it's not like we're playing them close and coming up just short of conference titles. they're beating the tar out of us in a way that we would be proud of if the roles were reversed. they've never been a rival and did us a huge favor in getting golden canned. meanwhile there's decades of reasons to hate notre dame.

the fact that you can't grasp the hate for notre dame is beyond me and, from the looks of it, most others here. we're a program with a very rich, but brief, history and notre dame is a very important part of that history. "five rings, bro" without appreciating the rest of the history, including rivalries, is asinine.

Advertisement
Clemson without a doubt:
1.) Don’t want ND to come in for 1 season and win it and get even more arrogant
2.) An ND win gives UF a glimmer of hope getting in playoff if they somehow beat Alabama

Advertisement
Your question is moot.

The only acceptable outcome is a tie where Kelly and Swinney meet at the 50 yd line and weep bitter tears of sorrow while confessing their sins to Oprah in a giant crybaby fest.

Clemson by 14+. Blowout watch in this game. Clemson was missing 4 starters when they played ND, and still took them to double OT. That's saying something. Plus, Clemson will have the best player on the field with Trevor Lawrence. It's going to be beautiful seeing that massacre of ND.

The only time a Canes fan would want the Domers to win is if it benefitted us. Even then, there's no joy to be had in a Domer win.

This shouldn't even be a thread.

Advertisement
@anandris Its almost a requirement of a U fan to pull against Notre Dame or really to hate Notre Dame.

And it has nothing to do with youth one should always know the history and tradition of their team. What a lot of folks don't know and you are right some of us old heads remember how Notre Dame would come into town in the 70's and disrespect the entire town, just ask some of the folks in the hospitality industry. They would kick the Canes butt and talk big ****. I know I was there at a few of those games. And then after they had run up the score on folks including the Canes. Then they had the nerve-- with the help of Brett Musburger and his buddies were crying during the broadcast -- to complain that Miami was running up the score, which ****ed Canes fans off forever. But the coup de grace was the 1987 game at ND and the fake fumble and cheating refs who didnt even try to cover it up. And worse yet was them calling our team convicts and making money off it selling tee shirts and all kind of crap with it on it.

And then they had the nerve to cry about how our fans treated them after we all watched them cheat our team the year before. What did they expect. And they had their nerves their fans called us convicts and classless and all sorts of crap. One of their beat writers claimed it was like the Canes fans were not satisfied with just winning "they wanted our blood."

And they produced a 30 for 30 which tried to reinforce the idea that the Canes were thugs, trying to justify their crap while hyping the Irish brand.
Dude you got to get with the program and everybody else who is talking about picking ND over Clemson. Clemson is not the college team that singlehandedly tried to ruin our reputation and our program.

Man ***** Notre Dame and for good measure South Bend used to be a really racist town. I hope they lose by 70!
You forgot to add that after we whupped their *** and completely embarrassed that loser coach who retired... they dropped us from their schedule. Fvck them! Waaa they ran the score up and treated our fans poor... oh go fvck yourselves and your holier than thou boo ****!

I know we’ve been sucking Ballz lately due to $hitty *** coaching but destroying their overrated azzez in 2017 on national tv was ******* amazing and I thank Coach Richt for leading the charge that night. The look on their fans faces and that stupid *** coach of theirs (who the showed disrespecting us and cursing at mid field prior to the game).

Yeah... fvck them and I hope Clemson beats them by at least fiddy!

Fvck da Iri$h

dabo isn't going anywhere outside of health issues, a major scandal, or unless saban retires and bama comes calling, and even then he might want to stay at the program he built.

there's honestly no real reason to hate clemson unless you're just a hater of a damned good program. it's not like we're playing them close and coming up just short of conference titles. they're beating the tar out of us in a way that we would be proud of if the roles were reversed. they've never been a rival and did us a huge favor in getting golden canned. meanwhile there's decades of reasons to hate notre dame.

the fact that you can't grasp the hate for notre dame is beyond me and, from the looks of it, most others here. we're a program with a very rich, but brief, history and notre dame is a very important part of that history. "five rings, bro" without appreciating the rest of the history, including rivalries, is asinine.
Exactly the point you seem to not be grasping. There’s a generational gap/divide between us. I have no idea how old u r but I’m 22 so I really have no reason to completely hate Notre Dame other than the overused “you’re supposed to you’re a canes fan” Clemson/Bama has been the enemy to me the last 10 years which is basically half my life lol so they’re my Notre Dame deal with it 🤷‍♂️

Exactly the point you seem to not be grasping. There’s a generational gap/divide between us. I have no idea how old u r but I’m 22 so I really have no reason to completely hate Notre Dame other than the overused “you’re supposed to you’re a canes fan” Clemson/Bama has been the enemy to me the last 10 years which is basically half my life lol so they’re my Notre Dame deal with it 🤷‍♂️

why is bama the enemy? we haven't played them yet and we haven't been in the conversation for anything more than coastal championships (and that usually dies by october). clemson has only been consistently good for the last 7-8 years and we play them here and there. we can't even make it out of our division and teams we don't belong in the conversation are somehow enemies to you?

that's what you're not grasping. you're looking at national powers as rivals for whatever reason. we haven't been relevant on that stage since you were 4-5 years old.

and i'm only 10 years older than you so it's not a huge gap.

Advertisement
(This is SATIRE!)

Like the option where the following happens in the Commisioner's box of that cheap *** stadium in Tobacceeee Road State HQ, in the later stages of the game:

Swofford: "Well Jack (Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick) looks like you all have a good chance at your first conference championship...A lot of the ACC folks worked very hard to make it happen and we sure have a bright future together. I see..."

Swarbrick: "WHAT?!?"

Swofford: "Jack, remember we sure helped you out at a tough time and paved this road for you, Don't you think it would be good to keep this goin?"

Swarbrick: "John, we appreciate the help, but we already have our own media deal and frankly, the 20 year deal you signed with ESPN is a joke, especially with ESPN now paying The SEC so much. John, we don't want to be in a conference that is the Junior Varsity to the SEC and that is exactly where you have the ACC going by locking up with a fading ESPN who will promote the SEC over everything else!"

Swofford: (clutching his chest and breathing heavily): "But, but, I made everything easy for you, how can you turn us down, heck I hired a guy who worked at ND to succeed me as ACC commissioner...Why, Why?"

Swarbrick: "I'm sorry John, but to be honest, we see how powerhouses come into your league and eventually are whittled down thanks to biased officiating, scheduling, and you guys caring about basketball too much. Just don't want to be part of it."

Swofford: "UHHHHHHHHH, My heart!!!! (Slumps over)

Swarbrick: "John, John, JOHN!!!"

Swofford expires and his soul decends into the special level of **** that Lucifer reserves for people who ***** over the 'Canes. His fandom of Miami is the only thing he shares with The Almighty.

why is bama the enemy? we haven't played them yet and we haven't been in the conversation for anything more than coastal championships (and that usually dies by october). clemson has only been consistently good for the last 7-8 years and we play them here and there. we can't even make it out of our division and teams we don't belong in the conversation are somehow enemies to you?

that's what you're not grasping. you're looking at national powers as rivals for whatever reason. we haven't been relevant on that stage since you were 4-5 years old.

and i'm only 10 years older than you so it's not a huge gap.
Most of this is true but in 2017 if it wasn't for the Clemson debacle even with the Pitt loss we would've had a playoff berth. Also we recruit heavily against both of those schools and the only way we'll ever be able to dethrone them is to out recruit them and that starts with us taking care of our own business and Clemson losing games like today

Advertisement
Back