Rooting for Notre Lame or Clemson? (Now Game Thread)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Flat-out disgusting if you're a Canes fan rooting for ND. I shouldn't even have to explain why.
Are u a Canes fan? ND is a top 3 of our most hated teams of all times. Come on man.

Clemson will always be appreciated in my book for getting Golden canned. In my eyes, the only time it's allowed to want ND to win is if they're playing the gaytors. Now that team is the all-time worst.
Definitely agree with you on the Gators being the WOAT by a wide margin but can someone honestly explain to me the complete disdain for ND? Is it more the program or the school culture and students/fan base? I’ve seen the 30 for 30s and watched the Catholics convicts one but I never lived through it so any anecdotes would be greatly appreciated lol

Why? Clemson losing in the conference title game will have zero effect on their program going forward. Their last 5 years, prior to this season has cemented them at the same tier of Bama and Ohio State. Clemson's still going to recruit at a high clip whether they blow out ND in the conference title game, or vice versa.

ND being able to come into our conference and winning it the one year they're in, while being our hated rival is a **** slap in the face.
First of all, I think it’s inevitable that they will eventually be a full member in the ACC. I know this one loss wouldn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things for Clemson but it’s a start. Great teams at the top can come crumbling down in the blink of an eye with a coaching change (Dabo to NFL?) and some bad luck. Look no further than FSPoo

I gotta go with Notre Dame. Knocking Clemson out of the playoffs would be so sweet, and I don’t have the vitriol of the Irish that older gents have on this board. **** I just remember whoopin dat *** in 2017 and pitying those fools. The Clemson dynasty must end ASAP and this would be a good first step in that direction.
No way. I cannot root for ND in any instance.

Advertisement
The ACC wants Clemson to win so the ACC will have a chance of getting two teams in the CF Playoff. But I am not sure the ACC will get what it wants. ND could beat Clemson and knock them out, and embarrass the ACC by sending a team that really isn’t a true member of the conference. Also, a ND loss should allow TAMU to jump ahead of ND.

holtz.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gooooo Clemson!!! I hope it is such a massive beatdown that ND misses out on the playoff. They got lucky in Lawrence being out in their first game. Do it for the real members of the ACC, Clemson!

@anandris Its almost a requirement of a U fan to pull against Notre Dame or really to hate Notre Dame.

And it has nothing to do with youth one should always know the history and tradition of their team. What a lot of folks don't know and you are right some of us old heads remember how Notre Dame would come into town in the 70's and disrespect the entire town, just ask some of the folks in the hospitality industry. They would kick the Canes butt and talk big ****. I know I was there at a few of those games. And then after they had run up the score on folks including the Canes. Then they had the nerve-- with the help of Brett Musburger and his buddies were crying during the broadcast -- to complain that Miami was running up the score, which ****ed Canes fans off forever. But the coup de grace was the 1987 game at ND and the fake fumble and cheating refs who didnt even try to cover it up. And worse yet was them calling our team convicts and making money off it selling tee shirts and all kind of crap with it on it.

And then they had the nerve to cry about how our fans treated them after we all watched them cheat our team the year before. What did they expect. And they had their nerves their fans called us convicts and classless and all sorts of crap. One of their beat writers claimed it was like the Canes fans were not satisfied with just winning "they wanted our blood."

And they produced a 30 for 30 which tried to reinforce the idea that the Canes were thugs, trying to justify their crap while hyping the Irish brand.
Dude you got to get with the program and everybody else who is talking about picking ND over Clemson. Clemson is not the college team that singlehandedly tried to ruin our reputation and our program.

Man ***** Notre Dame and for good measure South Bend used to be a really racist town. I hope they lose by 70!

Advertisement
Back