Rondale Moore or Jeff Thomas

Moore can absolutely fly and squats 600 as a true freshman. Love Jt but Moore is special.

That being said why couldn’t richt just copy those plays. Purdue got somewhat conservative and we’re still able to gash osu. The misdirection and motion confused a much more talented team.

Advertisement
Thomas, the difference is Purdue does everything they can to get him the ball in space

That kid has got some game but he is no JT.

There are aspects to Moore game that are better than JT4. Moore has more quicks and suddenness so he is better in space (think Tavon Austin), JT4 is probably faster and can beat you deep. There both small but different.

Advertisement
Dumb, dumb question

JT4 in a scheme like Oregon, Purdue’s revamped scheme (now 4-0 since the adjustment), WASU, OKlahoma...he’s unguardedable

Define explosive

8Qqs.gif

JT4 is another player that will go to the NFL and look vastly different and excel

The nfl loves Miami because they provide cheap high end talent in the later rounds

Advertisement
The level of disgust I have for Mark Richt grows exponentially on a month to month basis. I’m about 6 months away from Al Goldeneque deep seated hate

Advertisement
Some of you guys are so blind, Moore is much better. JT4 may be faster but he is not Moore.

JT4 can do everything Moore can and has the size you'd like at that position. Moore would be a gadget player at a P5. Think about it this way, would each player be successful on any of the playoff bound teams??

JT4 would fit in any offense you see playoff teams running. Moore would return kicks. And I'm not trying to disrespect Moore at all! He's a very good player in a very good system for him. But at 5'7 165 I dont care if he squats 1000 lbs, he cant do the things JT4 could with a competent staff and playcaller.

If JT4 was at purdue, he'd be an all american easily. If Moore is in our offense he'd be redshirting.

Its amazing what good coaching and working towards players strengths can do!

JT4 was headed towards All-American status early on. We just stopped using him. Moore would kill in our wack offense because he is simply hard to tackle. JT4 wouldn’t be as effective in Purdue’s offense because he isn’t as effective in space as Moore is. JT4 is more effective down the field.

JT4 can do everything Moore can and has the size you'd like at that position. Moore would be a gadget player at a P5. Think about it this way, would each player be successful on any of the playoff bound teams??

JT4 would fit in any offense you see playoff teams running. Moore would return kicks. And I'm not trying to disrespect Moore at all! He's a very good player in a very good system for him. But at 5'7 165 I dont care if he squats 1000 lbs, he cant do the things JT4 could with a competent staff and playcaller.

And quite honestly JT4 doesn’t have the quicks and suddenness that make Moore harder to tackle. They both have qualities that make them special.

Advertisement
Sadly it's really not a fair comparison. JT4 is limited by the scheme, playcalling, and utilization. Put JT4 on Purdue and Moore in UM's offense. You get the exact same results

Very similar players, I think Thomas has a little better long speed but not quite as elusive. Moore is built and plays like a running back with his strength and ability to break arm tackles. Scheme is the only reason why Thomas doesn’t have the same numbers, he’s a more polished receiver

Advertisement
Back