Ronaldo’s NIL deal

Advertisement
How smart, I don't know. He's at least found people that want to make money, not only for themselves, but him as well. There's a lot of athletes who get taken for a ride.

He's also a tireless worker and been at the top of his game forever. It also doesn't hurt that he's one of the, if not the most, desired man on the planet. Lucky fellow, but a lot of that luck he made for himself.

Isn't this how Messi and his father got in trouble for tax evasion in Spain?
I believe Messi "sold" his NIL rights to a company he controlled in a tax-haven jurisdiction, so all of his sponsorship revenues went un-taxed in Spain.

In Ronaldo's case, it is similar to the NIL collective deals going around in college now. The player sells his rights to the collective in exchange for guaranteed income. The collective then can go out and sell the athlete's image to recoup their investment. The main difference being these collectives are knowingly operating at a loss as legalized bagmen

Will be interesting to see if the college NIL market corrects itself over the course of the next few years. What would be the win/loss ROI these collectives expect in order to keep giving out these big NIL deals?

How smart, I don't know. He's at least found people that want to make money, not only for themselves, but him as well. There's a lot of athletes who get taken for a ride.

He's also a tireless worker and been at the top of his game forever. It also doesn't hurt that he's one of the, if not the most, desired man on the planet. Lucky fellow, but a lot of that luck he made for himself.
Im sure you know how many professional athletes worldwide have lost millions because they didn’t surround themselves with good people or made really bad financial decisions? The way he approaches social media in itself was brilliant.
Now I’m not saying that everything he touches turns to gold and obviously he has a skill set that can make him famous. But the amount of money he’s made outside of his sports contract alone is admirable.
My point is that name image and likeness can be great but if you sell that to the wrong person and instead of having financial freedom you basically enslaved yourself to some of these collectives or individuals who say they have your best interest at heart when it comes to your name image and likeness when in reality they only have their best interest at heart.

And that’s the reason Ronaldo almost left Real Madrid because he felt that he wasn’t getting enough out of his name image and likeness.
A lot of teams originally didn’t want Ronaldo because he thought he live some kind of playboy fashionista lifestyle. Unfortunately the reality was far different. Everyone he’s played with said that he’s been the hardest worker on the team by a mile.

If I was one of these five star athletes I wouldn’t sign any deal until I prove myself on the field. The way I see it you’re setting a cap on what you can make without even knowing how you can perform.

Take for example this Nico kid from California. If he becomes a Heisman candidate and makes first team all conference, he has a legit claim to get more money than another player.

He can say “You want to give that dude 8 million while I’m out here ballin?
You better get those numbers up.

Jose Mourinho said once that guys would always loaf and cheat on drills when they thought he wasn't looking. He never caught Ronaldo doing that.

Advertisement
Im sure you know how many professional athletes worldwide have lost millions because they didn’t surround themselves with good people or made really bad financial decisions? The way he approaches social media in itself was brilliant.
Now I’m not saying that everything he touches turns to gold and obviously he has a skill set that can make him famous. But the amount of money he’s made outside of his sports contract alone is admirable.
My point is that name image and likeness can be great but if you sell that to the wrong person and instead of having financial freedom you basically enslaved yourself to some of these collectives or individuals who say they have your best interest at heart when it comes to your name image and likeness when in reality they only have their best interest at heart.

And that’s the reason Ronaldo almost left Real Madrid because he felt that he wasn’t getting enough out of his name image and likeness.
A lot of teams originally didn’t want Ronaldo because he thought he live some kind of playboy fashionista lifestyle. Unfortunately the reality was far different. Everyone he’s played with said that he’s been the hardest worker on the team by a mile.

If I was one of these five star athletes I wouldn’t sign any deal until I prove myself on the field. The way I see it you’re setting a cap on what you can make without even knowing how you can perform.

Take for example this Nico kid from California. If he becomes a Heisman candidate and makes first team all conference, he has a legit claim to get more money than another player.

You can't be serious about proving yourself with the high percentage of injury. Ok

You can't be serious about proving yourself with the high percentage of injury. Ok
If he gets hurt how much of that 8 mil does he keep anyway? After taxes that 350k he gets initially is gonna be gone really fast.
Injuries should be handled with insurance and not NIL.

Last edited:

Ronaldo didn't leave Real Madrid because of NIL, that's a crazy claim.

He got pushed out, they were happy Juventus wanted him. The Ronaldo got pushed out of Juventus. Not everything in life is NIL

Ronaldo didn't leave Real Madrid because of NIL, that's a crazy claim.

He got pushed out, they were happy Juventus wanted him. The Ronaldo got pushed out of Juventus. Not everything in life is NIL
He threatened to leave RM because of his NIL contract with them. I know he didn’t leave because of it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back