Romello Height

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If he was from SFL y’all would be making excuses for him to be a take like y’all did for Terrance Lewis.
Anthony Anderson Abc GIF by HULU

To be fair, I kind of see the need...the player? ymmv. If you watch some of what he was doing at USC last year...he's kind of like SackGuru himself KLavon Chaisson. Athletic, hustles, makes a few plays based on some of his + attributes (closing speed looks nice here n there ngl)...but really has no idea what he's doing out there, kind of minimal upside but maybe good coaching from Jason Taylor unlocks a little more. He has a role on a P5 defense, especially coming in on third down / obvious passing situations where you just want his energy late in a drive to make a play to put a team behind schedule. He'll give you a couple of those I think. idk how much more.

Is that better than what a collection of our younger players would give us over short bursts? Play Lightfoot a few games, Maybe see what Booker Pickett has, getting Justin Scott and Amondo Blount out there a little bit. Does a collection of their snaps out perform senior Romello Height. Maybe its a wash?

Advertisement
Per Gabby:
I just realized there’s a report on this out and there is definitely legitimate smoke around that situation. I heard his name during the Elite Prospect Day weekend as a a potential post-spring addition and there is movement there that supports Miami being a very real landing spot for the former Auburn and USC EDGE.

For some of those newer to the game, Height was a Miami commit during the 2020 recruiting cycle and dramatically flipped to Auburn on Signing Day.

If he was from SFL y’all would be making excuses for him to be a take like y’all did for Terrance Lewis.

I think if he showed out at a position of need (or had a very high HS ranking and was only one year removed from HS) the tune would be different as well. With T2 thats exactly what it was, pretty sure he got hurt his first year at maryland and you are right, a lot did want him back after the one year and lots on the board was still strung up by his high HS ranking and the desire to have solid *** LB play instead of what Manny was trotting out there.

Here, I dont really care about the antics with the old staff, but to me this guy has been in college 3-4 years, 2 bad injuries, has not really produced, transferred twice already, would be a 1 year rental, at a position we seemingly have depth, and apparently a numbers crunch with other needs higher on the board. I just dont get the need for him unless someone like Wayne or Kelly are thinking about dipping and he would be the replacement. Barring a 1 for 1 Edge swap, I just dont get it. His reliability is questionable with the injuries, he sure as **** aint starting over Bain or Messidor, IDK if he starts over Wayne and Kelly. Probably has an upperhand on the TF but if we are trotting out DE #5 in situations I might prefer it be a lightfoot or a young buck.

Advertisement
I think this is fake news. DMoney IRRC didnt say anything about us portal shopping for another DE/OLB. And isnt the DE/OLB room getting crowded anyway? And why would we go after this kid?
D money doesn’t know everything that’s going on with the program. Nobody knows EVERYTHING. Fans need to get over that insider fetish that some people have.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Simp??....There's former UM players on here that know. Before you call someone a simp and/or Dumbazz....know who tf you're talking to.
Maybe you have a reading understanding issue or maybe you are just stupid. Either way understand that NOBODY knows everything that goes on in the program. Nobody. Understand?

Maybe you have a reading understanding issue or maybe you are just stupid. Either way understand that NOBODY knows everything that goes on in the program. Nobody. Understand?
Mannn...go suck a d*ck....Lol at Understand??....DMoney knows more than you think....so do others.

Had 4 sacks for USC last year so I wouldn't necessarily call him a JAG. The 247 guys did mention that we're a but light at speed rusher so he would fit the bill there.
He’s what Cyrus Moss shoukd have been by now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back