Romberg On Mario's Rebuilding Process

Advertisement
Interpreted as getting rid of the JAGS. They say the drug tests the no show to workouts is the nice way of saying getting the trash players out. That’s just the truth of it no one wants to say this guy is a bad player they never want to say that. They use the word “culture fit”

It’s just a word for we getting rid of the bad players that shouldn’t wear this uniform. When it’s starts clicking (pause) yall going to see. People hated the great coaches here like Butch the ones who stack. But love the slogan and hashtag bull****, fooled so easily with that **** it amazes me at times. But we bringing in dogs and people complaining lol. Crazy world we live in man

Aight my rant is over don’t @ me
This is just facts

Don’t wanna speak for other grown men, but I think the concern from the “mopers” is that at this point we are basically praying Mario’s recruiting will overwhelm his complete liability as a game day coach and his lack of X’O’s background. Back in 2007 He was an offensive line coach who could recruit well and was granted an opportunity at FIU. Today his specialty remains O-Line and Recruiting. He would need to hit on OC/DC hires to be successful at the highest level. Due to this being the case, we will always be in danger of losing 2-3 games we have no business losing against equal or lesser talent.
That being said , I hope you’re right.
Canes till I die.

The Ghost of the … blah blah blah… we’re cursed by our own inability to move forward…
We have to burn the curse out everyone bring something of meaning. I’ll start with my #3 Kyle wright jersey
IMG_6984.jpeg

Advertisement
This isn’t Diaz Golden Coker Shannon Richt……he’s bringing in savages be patient I keep saying this **** but fans dumb asf thinking we had some all star roster for years. The nfl shows what we sent with Butch and what we sent with the other coaches (JAGS) dead *** let’s keep it 100
I would 100% agree with u if we were losing to Clemson when they were a top program,fsu when they were a too program,bama,uga, even Michigan st 2021 type teams

Just respectable programs who are clearly way ahead of us I would say yea man u know what we gotta get more talent in here thats the big problem..

Most of these games we lose or struggle with we have the clear talent advantage or it’s literally close enough for it to go either way. Coaches are supposed to elevate their team, get everything out of them, maximize them.. If he cant do that now why do we think he will maximize the more talented teams?

I think getting talent will raise the floor of our program and im actually cool with that because we have been a joke forever now lol. But i think with the more talent mario brings in it will only make the losses and struggle games feel even more disappointing

The other option is the "Mike Norvell" path. Improved every year making slight gains first two years had a very good third year and broke out this year.

Who is to say Miami is not on a similar albeit more sustainable path?

With that being said. Year 3 is CRITICAL for Mario or else it's just excuses.

Advertisement
The other option is the "Mike Norvell" path. Improved every year making slight gains first two years had a very good third year and broke out this year.

Who is to say Miami is not on a similar albeit more sustainable path?

With that being said. Year 3 is CRITICAL for Mario or else it's just excuses.
Stop right there!!! FSU was ready to fire Norvell. Year three, 2022 was the season that kept his job and that ONLY happened because of the transfer portal. If the transfer portal didn't exist with immediate eligibility, Norvell would have been fired with another losing season.

2020: 3-6
2021: 5-7

Novell is yet to develop any talent that he recruited out of high school. Kudos to Travis who was a transfer, but after 5 years in the program, he should have developed and did. All those transfers were not developed by Norvell. That would be like me saying Javion Cohen was developed by Mario at Miami.

Nah, I'm not drinking that Norvell kool-aide.

Stop right there!!! FSU was ready to fire Norvell. Year three, 2022 was the season that kept his job and that ONLY happened because of the transfer portal. If the transfer portal didn't exist with immediate eligibility, Norvell would have been fired with another losing season.

Novell is yet to develop any talent that he recruited out of high school. Kudos to Travis who was a transfer, but after 5 years in the program, he should have developed and did. All those transfers were not developed by Norvell. That would be like me saying Javion Cohen was developed by Mario at Miami.

I’m now seeing a lot of “development” being thrown around….

What evidence is there Mario develops players?

Last edited:
Advertisement

Nope, I refuse to believe that a former NFL Center, College football center, Miami sports hall of famer, consensus all-American, national champion, voted best center in college football knows what he's talking about, but on the other hand, CIS gurus, are the experts. **** off, Romberg.

I agree with all of the above. By no means Do I see Norvell in the same stratosphere as the aformentioned coaches nor do I think his process is sustainable in the long term.
I even wrote about this:

But this is a results based business. Norvell got results by year 3. For Cristobal, the excuses and reasons
for mediocrity have dissapeared effective immediately. This is his team now and his culture. Year three I dont expect an ACC championship. I expect continued improvement and at least a nine win REGULAR season.

He has like three portal classes under his belt and two whole recruting classes including the 23 class which he has kept almost 100% in tact. Let's see what happens.

There's no precedent for a coach in the modern era to have a losing record after 2 years to go on and win a national title.

People defending Mario can use whatever example they want.. But NONE of them were as bad as Mario through 2 years.
Maybe so.. The Miami situation has been a special case of dysfunction for over 20 years.'A massive change ocurred two years ago from the top on down. At the same time let's not forget that Mario Cristobal in Oregon was a succesful coach. He didnt forget how to win all of a sudden.Sure he's not Harbaugh but he's not diaz/Shannon and Golden either. And he recruits way better than Harbaugh who spent a decade in Michigan not winning anything of significance until the last three year. In three years at Oregon Cristobal went to three Pac 12 titles won a bunch of games with two conference titles and a Rose bowl and recruited lights out. Dude set up Lanning with a nasty roster.

I think that's why he gets the benefit of the doubt too. Cristobal built something there and I think he's trying to do that here. I am willing to give him a little leeway.
IMG_6926.jpeg

Advertisement
I agree with all of the above. By no means Do I see Norvell in the same stratosphere as the aformentioned coaches nor do I think his process is sustainable in the long term.
I even wrote about this:

But this is a results based business. Norvell got results by year 3. For Cristobal, the excuses and reasons
for mediocrity have dissapeared effective immediately. This is his team now and his culture. Year three I dont expect an ACC championship. I expect continued improvement and at least a nine win REGULAR season.

He has like three portal classes under his belt and two whole recruting classes including the 23 class which he has kept almost 100% in tact. Let's see what happens.

Where do you see 3 losses?

Where do you see 3 losses?

It's hard to
see tbh... But with Miami I never assume the gimmie games are gimmies. I thought we would beat Georgia Tech by 21 when we played them considering we were 4-0 and clobbered A&M.

I thought we would beat NC State and blow out Virginia. Hopefully this year these games start becoming easier.

It's hard to
see tbh... But with Miami I never assume the gimmie games are gimmies. I thought we would beat Georgia Tech by 21 when we played them considering we were 4-0 and clobbered A&M.

I thought we would beat NC State and blow out Virginia. Hopefully this year these games start becoming easier.

That’s what was to be solved by bringing in Mario…

He wasn’t hired to compound the uncertainty

Advertisement
Back