Romberg On Mario's Rebuilding Process

Pretty sure we've heard this about every coach, going all the way back to Shannon. You're not going to see Miami people publicly sh*t on one of their own.
Not sure if by 'Miami People' and 'one of their own' you mean someone like Romberg wouldn't **** on a Miami coach publicly or if 'one of their own' specifically refers to coaches that have previous ties to the program, but Romberg publicly **** all over Manny.

Advertisement
Devils advocate to my own take... he has recruited HS talent at a level that most programs don't do outside of the first year bump class and when they win 10+ games. That's usually why they can't get over the hump. Also, he's reloaded OL and DL - usually the hardest area to get up to par to compete at that level.

I'm already skeptical but year 3 will be more telling. Less than 9 wins and I'll take the check to the bank that he'll never do anything here. There are basically 0 Manny holdovers left. His guys, his culture, his system. Some of the Manny guys left over are all starters and arguably top 10 players on the team... Restrepo, George, Rivers, Harrison-Hunte.
At some point he’s going to get lucky with the way he’s recruiting and playing in the ACC.

This isn’t Diaz Golden Coker Shannon Richt……he’s bringing in savages be patient I keep saying this **** but fans dumb asf thinking we had some all star roster for years. The nfl shows what we sent with Butch and what we sent with the other coaches (JAGS) dead *** let’s keep it 100

Oregon Drafts:

2019: (4) 4th, 5th and 2 7ths
- CB, Edge, WR/Edge

2020: (4) Herbert in the 1st; 4th, 5th and 6th
- QB; LB, G, C

2021: (5) Penei Sewell in the 1st; a high 2nd,
5th, and 2 6ths
- OT, SAF, CB, CB/SAF

2022: (1) Thibs in the 1st - Edge

2023: (6) 1st (Lanning portal), DJ Johnson in 3rd, 5th, 6th and 2 7th (1 Lanning portal)
- CB, Edge, LB, OT, C/DT

Advertisement
Pretty sure the roster is now made up of 85-90% guys Mario brought in, so any of the the guys that are deemed JAGs are likely his guys. Also, if a coach needs a roster "full of his guys" then he isn't a very good coach. Having stacked talent helps to get you over the top, but Michigan and Washington just proved you don't need top 5 classes to compete. Nobody with a reasonable mind is saying "championship or bust" but can Mario at least compete and not get routinely outcoached?
I literally am talking about evil spirits haunting this program. Not sarcastically speaking on “JAGS” lol

Romberg was a BEAST like no other ever in Cane history at center.
I’m not sure how many here remember this creature a pure animal at center.

LISTEN TO HIM

GOCANES
nah we got too many couch coaches that know how to build a program ... they don't waste their time with the opinions of former hurricane champs and nfl players

Advertisement
Bro you guys think we can get Saban and Pete Carroll as off field analysts bro?

Advertisement
This isn’t Diaz Golden Coker Shannon Richt……he’s bringing in savages be patient I keep saying this **** but fans dumb asf thinking we had some all star roster for years. The nfl shows what we sent with Butch and what we sent with the other coaches (JAGS) dead *** let’s keep it 100
C'mon man... most of us aren't saying that they should be competing for national titles yet, we know the team wasn't composed of an 'all star roster'. We are just asking that they at least be able to beat the likes of GT, Rutgers, Duke, etc on a semi consistent basis working up to being a contender. The team shouldn't barely be squeaking by .500 in year 2 when the schedule has been as easy as it has been.

Now don't get me wrong, I haven't totally given up on Mario but I don't know how anyone can watch these first 2 years and not have some serious concerns.

I’m so tired of Miami fans and alumni living off of 2001 and our past.

5 seconds in and he brings up Butch, as if that era in football is even relevant anymore.

Appreciate Romberg’s time here and he is an all-time great but I don’t give two ***** about his opinion on the program especially a biased one such as his. And he, like many of our fans, clearly doesn’t watch CFB outside of Miami. Using Harbaugh as an argument proves that.
There are probably what... 5 kids on the roster that were even alive when that team played (obviously old man McCormick who witnessed the forming of the universe)?

Advertisement
C'mon man... most of us aren't saying that they should be competing for national titles yet, we know the team wasn't composed of an 'all star roster'. We are just asking that they at least be able to beat the likes of GT, Rutgers, Duke, etc on a semi consistent basis working up to being a contender. The team shouldn't barely be squeaking by .500 in year 2 when the schedule has been as easy as it has been.

Now don't get me wrong, I haven't totally given up on Mario but I don't know how anyone can watch these first 2 years and not have some serious concerns.
What cant be explained by any mario fan is how a top 15 talent team can't win more than 7 games with a **** schedule.

Also took over a program in way better shape than Miami was. Not a Mario slurper but Romberg point is fair. It took a long time to get to a championship level.
I’m putting a post together about this. Would love to continue this convo

Advertisement
Back