Romberg On Mario's Rebuilding Process

This some BS.

Butch was under SANCTIONS. And STILL had a much better 2 year record than Mario.

10 wins next year... tired of the excuses... what excuses did he have for losing to MTSU? any good P5 coach beats that team with a team of BACKUPS...

forget elite...Mario isn't even a good head coach up to now... he's way behind expectations

Advertisement
This thinking is very, very dated. It does not take years to see results.
Maybe when ur program is cursed it does. Mario needs to do like Ted Lasso and burn stuff in a garbage can to get the bad spirits out of the program

I’m so tired of Miami fans and alumni living off of 2001 and our past.

5 seconds in and he brings up Butch, as if that era in football is even relevant anymore.

Appreciate Romberg’s time here and he is an all-time great but I don’t give two ***** about his opinion on the program especially a biased one such as his. And he, like many of our fans, clearly doesn’t watch CFB outside of Miami. Using Harbaugh as an argument proves that.

Advertisement
Maybe when ur program is cursed it does. Mario needs to do like Ted Lasso and burn stuff in a garbage can to get the bad spirits out of the program
Pretty sure the roster is now made up of 85-90% guys Mario brought in, so any of the the guys that are deemed JAGs are likely his guys. Also, if a coach needs a roster "full of his guys" then he isn't a very good coach. Having stacked talent helps to get you over the top, but Michigan and Washington just proved you don't need top 5 classes to compete. Nobody with a reasonable mind is saying "championship or bust" but can Mario at least compete and not get routinely outcoached?

Advertisement
It’s amazing that for the second year running, the Hecht is sending out their sunshine gestapo to make sure the message of progress is the only noise you hear.

I have a better idea.

Just call it what it is and make the necessary changes. That’s all people care about.
They think we're blind and dumb.

Trying to point to "progress" of 10 steps when it was Mario himself that took 20 steps back his first year here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Unfortunately, the dude was seemingly brought in as the Savior.

In year one, he made **** hires (was it the staff was it the QB?) Year 2 QB **** the bed. Now year 3 although we saw some improvement, we see a lot of attrition along with a major concern for what's incoming. If we strike out with a portal QB, we are going to be playing Mario bro ball moving forward and I fear the excitement for this program will be NIL / 0 for subsequent years. Mopin it up right here.

I’m so tired of Miami fans and alumni living off of 2001 and our past.

5 seconds in and he brings up Butch, as if that era in football is even relevant anymore.

Appreciate Romberg’s time here and he is an all-time great but I don’t give two ***** about his opinion on the program especially a biased one such as his. And he, like many of our fans, clearly doesn’t watch CFB outside of Miami. Using Harbaugh as an argument proves that.
Their thinking is why we have sucked for 20 years now!!!

Miami was cutting edge. Now we live in the past and keep repeating the same **** over and over.

Cursed was being the UM basketball coach having to deal with two separate NCAA/FBI investigations in a window of 5-6 years, essentially
knee-capping his efforts to put a competitive team on the basketball court. He had key players pulled out of his roster on the eve of big games and
yet we had some of our fans calling for his head. All of this getting relatively pedestrian support at a school in a major basketball conference.
And to think Coach L rarely, if ever, whined about his circumstances.

Advertisement
Plus, he built Stanford into a respectable program and nearly won a Super Bowl while in SF. Harbaugh had a pattern of success. I've yet to see Mario replicate anything near that.
He made Stanford legit AF which was unheard of. Don’t forget San Diego. He made that mess look good. Took over a mess in SF and fixed it.

It’s amazing that for the second year running, the Hecht is sending out their sunshine gestapo to make sure the message of progress is the only noise you hear.

I have a better idea.

Just call it what it is and make the necessary changes. That’s all people care about.
I think Romberg may just be trying to cover for himself after he talked so much **** about previous coaches and hyped up Mario.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back