Roman Student of the Game: UM vs Louisville

Advertisement
Advertisement
for those wanting to see this " highlight" go to 9:10. no commentary was needed.

to be positive, he did avoid to block (also avoided the table thou).
No **** I was this kid except I learned this at about the 120 lb level in pop warner. We were running an angle tackling drill in practice and I must have made the coach let me run it 15 times trying to beat the running back to the ******* cone but no matter how many times we ran the **** thing I wasn't fast enough to get to the cone before the back. That day I started getting my grades in order because I knew football was a dead end for my lead footed ***.

Advertisement
he understands the defense, mind you he can't get there on time, but he understands where he was suppose to be
I know you're being sarcastic, and rightfully so, but I can't stress enough how much I dislike this rationale the coaches seemingly have used for a few different players. You want to reward Ragone for doing the work, knowing the plays, etc., then wait till it's mop up time or give him a role on KO or Punt. Otherwise, you're actually hurting the team because that's a snap Huff could have learned something in a real game. Rant over.

Advertisement
I know you're being sarcastic, and rightfully so, but I can't stress enough how much I dislike this rationale the coaches seemingly have used for a few different players. You want to reward Ragone for doing the work, knowing the plays, etc., then wait till it's mop up time or give him a role on KO or Punt. Otherwise, you're actually hurting the team because that's a snap Huff could have learned something in a real game. Rant over.
agreed! not only that, but on punt returns, kick off returns (maybe kick offs and punt s as well) we have at least one, sometimes two walk ons. This puts those specials at such a disadvantage. Years ago when there was the auburn KICK 6 miracle vs alabama, it was pointed out why it happened. BAMA's FG team had a whole bunch of slow O lineman on the team, as well as a slow place kick holder and kicker.

That was when I realized, it is important to minimize this situation as much as possible. Get Defenders out there. Teach D lineman, linebackers to block for kicks (they do it for punt coverage on most teams already)..****, i would even try to teach a backup Defender to learn how to be the holder. Diaz and Patke do the opposite. We are just lucky we have two awesome kickers.. OUr returners though, are **** out of luck.

LOL at Roman throwing in the Ragone clip with no commentary between all his lengthy commentary on our offense. ... I love our PWOs. I don't love them so much that they should get plays ahead of deserving scholarship athletes. Maybe garbage time. Maybe.

The only other defensive play Roman shows is the smack down by Carter. I know Carter is too slow to cover the top conference WR. But ****, that kid is a wrecking ball. He needs to be on the field somewhere. And he is now very technically sound. At this point, Manny can start complaining if refs try to flag him again.

Great, great analysis. Thank you Roman. Lashlee and King are leading the Great Awakening.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back