Roll Call - Bethune-Cookman

Advertisement
Advertisement
Moved here from Miami in 2014, after 27 years in Coral Gables a few blocks East of the UM campus.
Nice. Moved there during my sophomore year of high school. Left the day I graduated to come back south.

Some good teenage years there but its not for me.

My best friend and the man who took me to my first Canes game in 1984 walked into the hospital this past New Years Eve to have his gall bladder removed. They opened him up, closed him up, and sent him home with a terminal cancer diagnosis. He left us in March. He was an educator and assistant principal in Broward for 30 years, and a life-long, die-hard, second generation Canes fan.
I'll be there this Saturday, and his son will be sitting next to my son. But before the burgers and dogs get to smoking on the grill in the Maroon lot, we'll stop by Fred Hunters and leave a little U flag in a quiet spot in the shade, where William Deklavon III will still be rooting on his beloved Canes.
Every day is a gift, Gents, let's live a little this season, no matter what happens.

My best friend and the man who took me to my first Canes game in 1984 walked into the hospital this past New Years Eve to have his gall bladder removed. They opened him up, closed him up, and sent him home with a terminal cancer diagnosis. He left us in March. He was an educator and assistant principal in Broward for 30 years, and a life-long, die-hard, second generation Canes fan.
I'll be there this Saturday, and his son will be sitting next to my son. But before the burgers and dogs get to smoking on the grill in the Maroon lot, we'll stop by Fred Hunters and leave a little U flag in a quiet spot in the shade, where William Deklavon III will still be rooting on his beloved Canes.
Every day is a gift, Gents, let's live a little this season, no matter what happens.

My condolences. God bless you and him and his family. Losing someone close is always tough, but you honor him. We can all wish and hope to be thought of in such a manner after we’re gone.

Advertisement
Bought a ticket because I want to see the band and our deep DL in person.

FAMU and UNC's band joined forces last week

Unfortunately will be watching from North Florida but have tickets for FSU and Pittsburgh games which I’ll drive down for along with my son and his buddies.

Nice. Moved there during my sophomore year of high school. Left the day I graduated to come back south.

Some good teenage years there but its not for me.
For us it is a retirement location. I'm retired ... wife still works out of the house. I lived in S. America for 10 years working, traveled extensively through Europe and Latin America while working in Miami. This town has grown incredibly since we moved here. Just picked up a boat that I keep at a marina on the St. Johns River. We enjoy it here. (population was 27,300 when we moved here and it has grown 44% to 40,000 with a few thousand more homes having been just permitted).

Advertisement
Radacovich says they have issued well over 50k tickets. We might get close to 60k by game time. If people show up we will see. I think it's gonna be one of the best attendance we have had for a team of that caliber. The energy for the program is palpable again. Be there with my wife and all the home games. If u can, buy ur ticket and pull up. Let's party.

Advertisement
i think they are calling this game Employee Appreciation Day and allowing UM employees to buy these tickets for cheap so as to ensure high attedance

University of Miami leadership and the Office of Human Resources invite faculty and staff members to celebrate during the employee appreciation games at Hard Rock Stadium. Join head coach Mario Cristobal, in his first season, to cheer on the Miami Hurricanes as they take on Bethune-Cookman on Saturday, Sept. 3, and Duke on Saturday, Oct. 22. Here’s what you need to know before game day.

Die hard Canes fan here and first time season ticket holder. My brother and I will be driving down from Tampa Friday afternoon and we’ll be staying at my 19yr old son’s apartment(I’m still mind blown) in Pembroke Pines. All 3 of us will be at every game this season. Section 256, Maroon lot. GO CANES!!! 🙌🙌🙌

Advertisement
Back