Roland Smith, "What's what."

Gransapo

Sophomore
Premium
Right now, the Canes have commitments from just two of the 16 players from Dade and Broward who played in the three major All-American games: St. Thomas Aquinas running back Jordan Scarlett (U.S. Army All-American) and Miami Killian safety Jaquan Johnson (U.S. Army All-American, already enrolled).

"That number is real low. It should be higher," Smith said. "But it is what it is. I work for Miami Central, not the University of Miami. In order for Miami to get back to where we were we've got to keep these local kids home. They've tried. It's not for a lack of effort. From the staff on down, the head coach, coordinators, assistant coaches, they're doing a **** of a job trying. But to get over the hump you've got to win those big games.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2015/01/how-the-hurricanes-lost-a-pair-of-recruiting-battles-at-miami-central-this-season.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Settles that....
Al is trying, guess we should just continue to support 6-7 because at least he is trying

some of you are dense. he is saying its not for lack of trying, its for lack of winning. he isn't saying its all good because they are trying.

Last edited:
Not only has Golden lost his team, he's lost a passionate South Florida community that loves it's football.

The man has caused me stress, has wasted my time going to games, and I spent my money stupidly. Fool me once, shame on you Golden. Fool me twice, shame on me. And that's not going to happen!

I hope Al gets migraine headaches every day from the stress of the job.

Advertisement
The problem is that Miami is just not a very desirable option for elite prospects at the moment. we have a crappy game day atmosphere compared to elite schools. Our rival just recently won a NC and was on a 29 game win streak. UF offers the perks of the SEC and just hired an up and coming coach. Meanwhile we just posted a losing season and have been humiliated on and off field and in the media. Our coach is a sitting duck. We have no money to pay for elite assistant coaches. Even though we just upgraded our facilities...they are still underwhelming (our upgrade costs about $13 million....just for comparison's sake, USC upgraded their trophy building known as Heritage Hall for $35 million. JUST THEIR TROPHY ROOM!!...their athletic facility upgrade was actually double that). So you see...we went cheap...did the bare minimum just to say ''we upgraded".

At this point, we are just a safety net for prospects that don't get scooped by the top programs...some people don't want to admit that but its 100% FACT. The real scary thing is...even when we do fire Golden, I doubt we have the $$$ to build an elite staff...if we do, our current admin won't spend it.

Things are looking bleak man....we have been knocked to the ground and I'm not sure this program can answer the bell.

To state the obvious. It will be a long time before miami gets back, if ever. I was there 87-92. Miami is not desirable like they once were. If one of your main selling points is the weather. You are way behind the curve. Everyone wants to date the hot girl. We have warts all over. ****hole stadium. Losing program. Bad coaching. What's your selling point to recruits? We have 5 championships? OSU has 6.

Last edited:
Advertisement
To state the obvious. It will be a long time before miami gets back, if ever. I was there 87-92. Miami is not desirable like they once were. If one of your main selling points is the weather. You are way behind the curve. Everyone wants to date the hot girl. We have warts all over. ****hole stadium. Losing program. Bad coaching. What's your selling point to recruits? We have 5 championships? OSU has 6.

the stadium while not ideal in location or size is far from a ****hole and after the renovations I suspect it will be quite nice. make no mistake I would prefer we had our own stadium close to campus and I would have preferred ross built a new stadium for the dolphins but I am optimistic about the renovations.

The problem is that Miami is just not a very desirable option for elite prospects at the moment. we have a crappy game day atmosphere compared to elite schools. Our rival just recently won a NC and was on a 29 game win streak. UF offers the perks of the SEC and just hired an up and coming coach. Meanwhile we just posted a losing season and have been humiliated on and off field and in the media. Our coach is a sitting duck. We have no money to pay for elite assistant coaches. Even though we just upgraded our facilities...they are still underwhelming (our upgrade costs about $13 million....just for comparison's sake, USC upgraded their trophy building known as Heritage Hall for $35 million. JUST THEIR TROPHY ROOM!!...their athletic facility upgrade was actually double that). So you see...we went cheap...did the bare minimum just to say ''we upgraded".

At this point, we are just a safety net for prospects that don't get scooped by the top programs...some people don't want to admit that but its 100% FACT. The real scary thing is...even when we do fire Golden, I doubt we have the $$$ to build an elite staff...if we do, our current admin won't spend it.

Things are looking bleak man....we have been knocked to the ground and I'm not sure this program can answer the bell.

And wait till that stadium has 20k folks next year.... Yikes

On one side we have to credit Al for "it's not for the lack of effort". However, just like every time Al talks about all these positive stats except what matters most which is the win column it is starting to cave and will only get worse until he can actually win a big game and actual have substance to talk about besides meaningless stats and trying to fool the fan base with his positive spin.

Advertisement
He always loses prospects from close to signing day since year one, so all this fan negative bull **** talk is just that bull ****. They made there bed and we need butch to fix it.

Advertisement
Back