Roland Smith is the new HC of Miami Central

Roland Smith discussing UM. From Rivals:

"I think the program is on the upswing. coaches are doing a tremendous job of trying to keep a lot of the local kids home. They're targeting kids that fit what they need to get done in their program. There was flak about kids not being recruited locally, but I beg to differ. There are kids they wanted to keep home that went somewhere else. They should have a lot of success in the near future."

* Smith says virtually the entire Cane coaching staff texted or called him with congratulations once he was hired at Central.

"They said we're excited for you, you deserve it, we're looking forward to working with you," Smith said.

Advertisement

"I think the program is on the upswing. coaches are doing a tremendous job of trying to keep a lot of the local kids home. They're targeting kids that fit what they need to get done in their program. There was flak about kids not being recruited locally, but I beg to differ. There are kids they wanted to keep home that went somewhere else. They should have a lot of success in the near future."

* Smith says virtually the entire Cane coaching staff texted or called him with congratulations once he was hired at Central.

"They said we're excited for you, you deserve it, we're looking forward to working with you," Smith said.

This is going to work out well for us.

This is going to work out well for us.

Wow. Good for everyone

Advertisement
Back