Roche #1 the best DL in WK 14, according to PFF

Canes Device

Sophomore

Nice to see him coming together lately. I know he has been solid the whole year, but I was expecting a difference maker when we got him and he wasn't quite that from the jump. Hopefully he can keep up, help us finish this season strong, make himself some money in april and give us another selling point on the trail.

Advertisement
Roche plays the position as well as it can be played on a consistent level. Phillips is a better athlete, and Rousseau had freak length, but Roche plays the position as fundamentally sound as anyone and makes plays. I think he will have a long and productive NFL career barring injury. I think the other 2 will as well But Roche seems like the classic “high floor” player.

Roche plays the position as well as it can be played on a consistent level. Phillips is a better athlete, and Rousseau had freak length, but Roche plays the position as fundamentally sound as anyone and makes plays. I think he will have a long and productive NFL career barring injury. I think the other 2 will as well But Roche seems like the classic “high floor” player.
I don't think he's received enough love from us. He's been a great one year pick up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He had a very good, disruptive game. Wasn’t he directly involved in a couple of those turnovers?

1607364452497.png

Advertisement
I love the way ROCHE plays❗️ If I wanted to show some young players how to play DE, I would put in ROCHE’s tape, and teach them everything that they need to know.

Rousseau and Phillips have been dominant players for the U, but ROCHE is the guy that I love watching play because he does everything the way you coach it and makes everyone on the Canes defense better. ROCHE does his job and he isn’t trying to play hero ball to pad his stats.

i think he got bashed on here a lot early because he cheated inside a ton and lost the edge(costing a lot of big plays). He has improved on that greatly the last few games

Advertisement
I thought Phillips had a better game but I wasn’t staring at every player every snap. How many sacks did Phillips have?
It was close but roche had two more tackles a half a tfl less that phillips and the same sack amount. He also forced a fumble and recovered one too. I'd say he was more consistent than Phillips and he got the quarterback two more times as he threw it

Advertisement
Back