Robinson sees talented DB's at UM, ready to recruit South Florida

Hysterical is what he said to Avantae Williams. You've dodged me for years, now I'm the coach here and I control the playing time. Great icebreaker.

Advertisement
It was James Williams.

No, it was Avantae.

"At safety, one of UM’s most talented players in Avantae Williams didn’t play a down in 2020 due to medical issues, and Robinson sees a ton of upside in Williams if he can return at full health.

“I think he’s an athletic, talented dude. He wouldn’t pick up the phone for me much when I was trying to recruit him at the other school I was at,” Robinson said. “I called him when I took the job, said `You’ve been running away from me for two years. Now you have to be nice to me because I control the playing time.’ I was messing with him."

Advertisement
No, it was Avantae.

"At safety, one of UM’s most talented players in Avantae Williams didn’t play a down in 2020 due to medical issues, and Robinson sees a ton of upside in Williams if he can return at full health.

“I think he’s an athletic, talented dude. He wouldn’t pick up the phone for me much when I was trying to recruit him at the other school I was at,” Robinson said. “I called him when I took the job, said `You’ve been running away from me for two years. Now you have to be nice to me because I control the playing time.’ I was messing with him."
Avante was written however if you watch the interview he’s referring to James. Reporters asked him about James 2-3x times.

Lol.....when is the madness going to stop. Every year some south Florida group of kids are a phenomenon. Texas high schoolers laugh at the continues mentions. Enough already

No, it was Avantae.

Funny, because listening to him live last Wednesday that question from the reporter was about James. Maybe this is now his patent answer.

Just having Stevenson and Bolden is 2 elite, 5 star type talents in the secondary. Add in Avantae and that makes 3.

CB1- Stevenson
CB2- Blades
NB- Couch (on passing downs), Gil (in base)
S- Bolden
S- Avantae

Then you have experienced guys in Hall, Ivey, and Carter coming off the bench along with a freak like James Williams. Trob has a lot to work with and we're going to see a big jump fairly quickly in the secondary play.

Advertisement
Funny, because listening to him live last Wednesday that question from the reporter was about James. Maybe this is now his patent answer.

No clue man, someone else mentioned a video. In the article though he's clearly talking about Avantae and the tell for that is talking about not playing last year.

Either way, funny statement.

Last edited:
Just having Stevenson and Bolden is 2 elite, 5 star type talents in the secondary. Add in Avantae and that makes 3.

CB1- Stevenson
CB2- Blades
S- Bolden
S- Avantae

Then you have experienced guys in Hall, Ivey, and Carter coming off the bench along with a freak like James Williams. Trob has a lot to work with and we're going to see a big jump fairly quickly in the secondary play.
Any Avantae recovery updates?

Advertisement

CB1- Stevenson
CB2- Blades
S- Bolden
S- Avantae

literally none of those guys are 5* guys on 247.

How many south Florida kids are we going to slurp and still not win the ACC. Asking for the other states

Advertisement
How many south Florida kids are we going to slurp and still not win the ACC. Asking for the other states
Why? I think we would all agree we need to be national brand again in recruiting which I'm guessing is your point based on your name, but of all threads why this one?

You're right, they were all borderline 5 stars. Should have said top 100 talents instead. Point remains though, Bolden, Avantae, and Tyrique give us high end talents to work with.
I'm all for their talent and I'm not weighing in here on whether they should have been ranked higher or not. There's just a lot of '5* talent' thrown around here and I'm correcting the record.

In truth, I think they're were correctly ranked as 4* kids in any case. There are only 25 or so 5* kids a year (depending on which service you go by).

Advertisement
Back