Robert Woodus - RIP

felix

Freshman
Twenty years ago today, Robert Woodus, UM offensive lineman died in the Value Jet crash in the Everglades. RIP Robert, we remember you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember saying hello to him not long before his passing. There were several people on that flight that went to UM. I still remember seeing Robert wave. I still think about that Value Jet crash to this day.

I remember saying hello to him not long before his passing. There were several people on that flight that went to UM. I still remember seeing Robert wave. I still think about that Value Jet crash to this day.

He waved to you as he was getting on the fateful flight?

Advertisement

He waved to you as he was getting on the fateful flight?

The sad part is Woodus had literally JUST asked blake james a recruiting question and blake was trying to chase him down but they'd already closed the plane doors.

Advertisement
Rule of thumb: when you're going to be hurtling through space at 500 miles an hour, thousands of feet in the air, sitting on top of thousands of gallons of flammable jet fuel, with a quarter inch of aluminum between you and eternity, it's best not to entrust an airline with the word Value in it and a cartoon plane as its mascot.

Advertisement
That crash was awful. As I recall, the muck in the everglades was so thick that plane basically disappeared andwas buried in the silty muck, making recovery efforts essentially futile.

That crash was awful. As I recall, the muck in the everglades was so thick that plane basically disappeared andwas buried in the silty muck, making recovery efforts essentially futile.

That is correct. Outside of drowning and burning, dieing in a plane crash seems like one of the worst ways to go. Seconds or minutes of sheer terror as you realize you're plummeting to your death.

That is correct. Outside of drowning and burning, dieing in a plane crash seems like one of the worst ways to go. Seconds or minutes of sheer terror as you realize you're plummeting to your death.

Agree. Not like you getting shot or burned alive and in your head you might be thinking I have a shot to live through this if I am really lucky and highly favored by God..If you are nose diving in an airplane at God knows what speed...that has got to be the most "come to Jesus" moment in anyone's life.

RIP to everyone in that crash esp RW.

Advertisement
Back