Robert Stafford talks 20-pound weight gain, competing against Cam Ward

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
With Miami lacking depth at the CB position, all eyes are on talented sophomore Robert Stafford. The Melbourne, FL product met with reporters after spring practice to discuss his progress:

On what he learned from his freshman year: The biggest lesson is that it's not about athleticism no more. When you get to this level, it's all about your mind. You’ve got to think before you play. It's more mental than physical.

In high school, I just lived off athleticism. I never got in a film...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Good to hear, he’s going to need to contribute plenty of meaningful snaps this season. Seems like a good kid.

Hopefully he continues to grow and refines his technique with Chevis. We need him ready for the opener, and his raw athleticism is something lacking in the room.

Advertisement
Good to hear, he’s going to need to contribute plenty of meaningful snaps this season. Seems like a good kid.

Hopefully he continues to grow and refines his technique with Chevis. We need him ready for the opener, and his raw athleticism is something lacking in the room.
It's great to hear because I've loved his upside and potential since he signed last year. Stafford is certainly going to be asked to provide us with a lot of snaps this year and I think he can be a good one.

While we certainly lack depth at CB I wouldn't necessarily say that the room is lacking athleticism in general. Damari Brown, Jadais Richard, Daryl Porter Jr and Meesh Powell are all athletic and with the exception of Porter they all bring very good length and physicality to the position. Stafford does however have that twitchy explosiveness that nobody else in the room provides.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back