Robert Lockhart - Highlight film

He doesn't look 6' 2" to me. He looks like 5' 11" or *maybe* 6'.

Gadbois was on the visit with close friend Robert Lockhart, a wide receiver prospect.
"They saw him last year but it was late and he was already committed (to Virginia Tech). He came here and they saw
him again and decided to go after him. He's ridiculous. 4.3 speed, goes after it, caches everything. He's 6-1, might have
a 40 inch vertical, attacks it. Against Hargrave at the end of the season vs a kid who signed somewhere,
Robert made him fall on ground 4 times a row. He's a kid who could help right away."

-Gadbois

I doubt Taylor took the time to officially measure him.

Advertisement

Gadbois was on the visit with close friend Robert Lockhart, a wide receiver prospect.
"They saw him last year but it was late and he was already committed (to Virginia Tech). He came here and they saw
him again and decided to go after him. He's ridiculous. 4.3 speed, goes after it, caches everything. He's 6-1, might have
a 40 inch vertical, attacks it. Against Hargrave at the end of the season vs a kid who signed somewhere,
Robert made him fall on ground 4 times a row. He's a kid who could help right away."

-Gadbois

Crazy thought:

Maybe Taylor has a decent idea about Lockhart's height as his roommate at prep school and teammate. Maybe he even saw his measurment on the roster for their team

Nothing really `wowed` me in those highlights....Rashawn Scott had better film imo. This guy looks decent...just not special.

Not sure how to put this delicately, but are you out of your f-ing mind? This is one of the best films I’ve seen. His hands are ridiculous, high points naturally, good feet, not scared of contact….one of the best films I have seen, period. I can’t believe we hadn’t even heard of this kid.

He sucks. Malcom Lewis is the best WR in the state. What? Oh he commited to Miami? Ok well anyways Amari Cooper is the best WR in the state. Huh? He is gonna commit to Miami? Ok well (insert name here) is now the best WR in the state

He sucks. Malcom Lewis is the best WR in the state. What? Oh he commited to Miami? Ok well anyways Amari Cooper is the best WR in the state. Huh? He is gonna commit to Miami? Ok well (insert name here) is now the best WR in the state

that duval boy Chris Black is the best WR in the state

Advertisement

that duval boy Chris Black is the best WR in the state

Remember that great 2008 recruiting class at wide receiver in the state of Florida.

Best collegiate wide out ended up being some Duval kid (AJ Jenkins)...so, maybe my boy rollin is on to something here.

The truly elite WRs in the state are actually hs juniors. Coley, Fullwood, Benjamin, Cunningham, would all be #1 in 2012.

-Gadbois

Yeah and Id bet he's more accurate than anybody trying to determine his height off of a video.

Reading some tea leaves on this kid...as a senior, late evaluation and offer for solid-high BCS level programs (VaTech, K-State, Nebraska) **/NR on scout, which means he wasn't evaluated but went to a BCS program, *** on rivals, went from NR to **** on ESPN after a commitment to VaTech...went prep...comes back as a solid 3* prep kid on all of the sites with a standing offer to VaTech.

Film looks good on the kid.

Overall, I would like to see us pick the kid up. Considering we need an overhaul at the wide out position, I think he'd be a good get.

Advertisement

-Gadbois

Crazy thought:

Maybe Taylor has a decent idea about Lockhart's height as his roommate at prep school and teammate. Maybe he even saw his measurment on the roster for their team

Crazy thought:

he exaggerated.

-Gadbois

Yeah and Id bet he's more accurate than anybody trying to determine his height off of a video.

Right. The fact he's LISTED at 6' 1" almost everywhere and doesn't have a camp measurement pretty much tells you he's less than 6' 1". Did this message board turn into fantasy land? The kid is standing next to Amari Cooper, who many here have seen and stood next to, and is visibly shorter.

The fact he's 5' 11" or maybe 6' doesn't make him less of a prospect. I gave him a glowing review otherwise.

-Gadbois

Right. The fact he's LISTED at 6' 1" almost everywhere and doesn't have a camp measurement pretty much tells you he's less than 6' 1". Did this message board turn into fantasy land? The kid is standing next to Amari Cooper, who many here have seen and stood next to, and is visibly shorter.

The fact he's 5' 11" or maybe 6' doesn't make him less of a prospect. I gave him a glowing review otherwise.

Lol, lets move on...btw Taylor is 6'8....no way that guy can tell the difference between someone 6'1 and 5'11.

5'11 or 6'1 I think this kid has the best film I have seen. Not sure how polished he is etc, but this kid looks like an athlete. I don't see how he is only a 3 star...on athleticism alone he looks like a 4 star. Does anyone have a 40 time for him?

Advertisement

-Gadbois

Lol, lets move on...btw Taylor is 6'8....no way that guy can tell the difference between someone 6'1 and 5'11.

5'11 or 6'1 I think this kid has the best film I have seen. Not sure how polished he is etc, but this kid looks like an athlete. I don't see how he is only a 3 star...on athleticism alone he looks like a 4 star. Does anyone have a 40 time for him?

He looks like a tougher Eddie Royal.

-Gadbois

Lockhart isn't in the picture

Advertisement
The **** did VT get this dude

Our DL coach Wiles has several contacts in south Florida. We've been able to recruit Delray Atlantic high school well in particular (David Clowney, Brandon Flowers, Jayron Hosley, backup QB Mark Leal, DT Luther Maddy, and DE Dadi Nicolas).

My guess is Del Ray's staff let Wiles know about the under the radar West Boca Raton's Lockhart late last year. He was a late January commitment for us. Even last year, Lockhart almost decommitted and signed with Nebraska.

Kid's a stud. The VT coaching staff is counting on him playing next year. Beamer and Torrian Gray had an in-home with him last night. If he follows through on the Canes visit, then we lost/you guys gained a very good WR who should be able to contribute next year. FUMA's coach compared him to Jacoby Ford in terms of ability and shiftiness; although, Lockhart doesn't have that extra gear.

He went to my high school. Rob was about 6'0 in HS. He was played football at Heritage his freshman year when they won their first state title and was one of their big playmakers, but he switched over to West Boca to play strictly basketball. He started playing again Spring of Junior year and played 1 season. VT was scouting Jawand Blue (Class of 2012) who is going to VT when they found Lockhart.

-Gadbois

He was identified as that guy.

-Gadbois

He was identified as that guy.

He's not in that picture of recruits posted. He left the visit early cause his grandma got sick.

Advertisement
Back