Road Game Question

Myself and a few friends who went to Toledo, decided to set up a surprise weekend for one of our other friends. He was diagnosed with MS several years ago. He is also a big Miami fan. We’ve been able to get him tickets, a parking pass, and a hotel for when Miami comes to Toledo. Does Miami typically do any meet and greets on the road? We are trying to give him the best experience possible. I realize they might not do much for a road game at Toledo, other than a walk through and the game. I was just curious. I’ve emailed a few people at Miami and filled out the “form” a few times on the athletic website, but there has not been a reply. Any information would be appreciated.

Advertisement
Myself and a few friends who went to Toledo, decided to set up a surprise weekend for one of our other friends. He was diagnosed with MS several years ago. He is also a big Miami fan. We’ve been able to get him tickets, a parking pass, and a hotel for when Miami comes to Toledo. Does Miami typically do any meet and greets on the road? We are trying to give him the best experience possible. I realize they might not do much for a road game at Toledo, other than a walk through and the game. I was just curious. I’ve emailed a few people at Miami and filled out the “form” a few times on the athletic website, but there has not been a reply. Any information would be appreciated.

That's awesome! I would call one of the people associated with events and operations on the staff directory on the Hurricanes site. I'm sure they would be able to assist you with that. Good Luck and hope your friend enjoys the game!

I don't remember who organized it (I'm guessing alumni association), but there was a tent with drinks and such when Miami played at Maryland. Might be worth contacting them.

Honestly your bet bet is to contact the most local Miami alumni association. But since we stay the F^@$ away from Ohio it might be a little ways away. Joking aside, for a Toledo game they'll be a big presence and could probably put you in touch with the right person from the athletic department.

Good on you.

Advertisement

I think something to show your altruistic intentions and that this is for real, might help. Maybe a little short biography video of your friend. I know it might sound a bit much, but it always help to get someone’s attention.

Good luck to your friend.

I’ll be up there for the weekend with my folks and wife (who coincidently also has MS). While I doubt the school will do much for this game, I do anticipate a large Miami presence since we rarely play in the Midwest. Both Chicago and Detroit have alumni networks and aren’t too far away.

I’ve learned that just coming on CIS the week leading up to the game can be a great way to connect with Miami fans and find out what’s going on before the game. Best of luck to your friend, MS can be a ***** and will effect everyone differently. Sounds like he’s in good hands with friends like you though.

Can I ask where you got your tickets? I ordered 4 through the school but I may try my luck with Toledo’s athletic department when they go on sale August 1.

Hope to see you at the Glass Bowl. Go canes!

I’ll have to check that out. I haven’t seen him for a
I’ll be up there for the weekend with my folks and wife (who coincidently also has MS). While I doubt the school will do much for this game, I do anticipate a large Miami presence since we rarely play in the Midwest. Both Chicago and Detroit have alumni networks and aren’t too far away.

I’ve learned that just coming on CIS the week leading up to the game can be a great way to connect with Miami fans and find out what’s going on before the game. Best of luck to your friend, MS can be a ***** and will effect everyone differently. Sounds like he’s in good hands with friends like you though.

Can I ask where you got your tickets? I ordered 4 through the school but I may try my luck with Toledo’s athletic department when they go on sale August 1.

Hope to see you at the Glass Bowl. Go canes!
Thanks for the kind words. One of my friends knows a company that does contracting work for the university. The owner contacted Toledo’s marketing department, who then donated the tickets. You can order tickets through Utrockets.com or by calling 419-530-GOLD. I’m not sure if they’re selling single game tickets yet.

I'm pretty sure there is a poster here that is a father of one of the starting LB's.

Step up pops.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back