RJ Hampton bypass Multiple colleges

Advertisement
PG RJ Hampton has bypassed colleges and decided to take his talent overseas to play professionally in Australia.
PG RJ Hampton has bypassed colleges and decided to take his talent overseas to play professionally in Australia.
Good, Would rather that colleges not be one year minor leagues. Let players that want to embrace the college experience go to college. Those that want to just get in the NBA, sign with the NBA or a minor league.

Good, Would rather that colleges not be one year minor leagues. Let players that want to embrace the college experience go to college. Those that want to just get in the NBA, sign with the NBA or a minor league.

I completely agree with this notion, let go play professionally overseas instead of one and done in college which subsequently has ruined college basketball.

Should be like baseball and football but with the choice to enter the draft out of HS. NBA gets a better look than they do with a 1 and done and only the really premiere talents enter the draft out of HS like Shawn Kemp and Kevin Garnett way back when. As far as college, well, college basketball benefits , the kids benefit as players since they get to develop more physically and mentally going into the league and the ones that aren't making it as pro basketball players have some college education or at least connections they leave college with in order to have a better life if basketball won't be in the cards as their profession .

Advertisement
Should be like baseball and football but with the choice to enter the draft out of HS. NBA gets a better look than they do with a 1 and done and only the really premiere talents enter the draft out of HS like Shawn Kemp and Kevin Garnett way back when. As far as college, well, college basketball benefits , the kids benefit as players since they get to develop more physically and mentally going into the league and the ones that aren't making it as pro basketball players have some college education or at least connections they leave college with in order to have a better life if basketball won't be in the cards as their profession .
One year in college when you know you are just "passing through" and are focused 100% on basketball is pretty worthless in later life. The best benefit you can say about it is the kid is at least a year older (and hopefully wiser) when he leaves for whatever his future holds. The academic part for a "one and done" is, for the great majority, just a charade.

One year in college when you know you are just "passing through" and are focused 100% on basketball is pretty worthless in later life. The best benefit you can say about it is the kid is at least a year older (and hopefully wiser) when he leaves for whatever his future holds. The academic part for a "one and done" is, for the great majority, just a charade.
I couldn't agree more, that's why I'd like the one and done gone .

I have to disagree. One year of a good five star is definitely worth having on your team. You cannot rotate 3 to 5 of them each year but one per year works as long as the rest of your roster has experienced players. All 5 stars are not one and done players.

If Vernon Carey committed to Miami, no one would say, I don't want one year of Vernon Carey. Next year, if Scottie Barnes commits to Miami, no one will say, we don't want one year of Scottie Barnes. One year of Lonnie Walker was not bad (NCAA tournament team), it would have been better if Bruce Brown would not have gotten hurt (Sweet Sixteen).

I have a hard time believing that some of you would rather watch Sam Wardeenburg develop over four years compared to one year of Vernon Carey then one year of Scottie Barnes.

Just my opinion.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back