Rivals 3 Stripe Miami Camp Wrap-Up

View as article
Great writeup Stefan - well formatted and easy to read.

I have this odd/weird feeling about M.A. Richards - lots of people think he's a shoe-in for Miami because Ahmmon , but personally, I don't think it's nearly that cut and dry. He appears to want to get out of his brother's shadow and was obviously annoyed at the lack of offers/interest earlier in the year. Just seems to want to be shown love more than anything else.

He's starting to get a lot of interest now, and my personal belief is that Miami needs to be VERY careful not to underplay his recruiting and assume he's an automatic commit due to his brother. Going to have to treat him like every other top recruit.

Advertisement
I got a question:

On some of these hot rod players, I note that the Clemson's, Michigans, Florida's, FSU's and so on have already offered a good number of these players - but UM is 'observing' or 'talking' to them.

Maybe we need to pull our recruiting heads out of our butts and get on the stick - or - does that NOT explain why the Alabamas, Clemson's, Floridas, and FSU's keep looting South Florida, while UM is left on the side of the road with their peckers in the pocket?

I have this odd/weird feeling about M.A. Richards - lots of people think he's a shoe-in for Miami because Ahmmon , but personally, I don't think it's nearly that cut and dry. He appears to want to get out of his brother's shadow and was obviously annoyed at the lack of offers/interest earlier in the year. Just seems to want to be shown love more than anything else.

He's starting to get a lot of interest now, and my personal belief is that Miami needs to be VERY careful not to underplay his recruiting and assume he's an automatic commit due to his brother. Going to have to treat him like every other top recruit.

Agree 100%. I think he is far from a slam dunk.

Stefan, Thanks for all of the great info from the camp! Living in GA, I don’t have the access to a lot of the games/players so I obtain most of my recruiting knowledge from this site.
Also, I always enjoyed reading both your previous articles and Cam’s work on SOTU.
Looking forward to your contributions!

Hey OrdunaDrive! Legit awesome that you're a previous reader, love that. Nice to know I'm not completely starting from scratch here. Yeah, the Freshman 15 was my most well received piece over at SOTU, glad you enjoyed. With that said, something tells me you'll be happy on Friday...

Bunch of Canes junkies on here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who reads everything I can find about Miami football. I always liked the Freshman 15 as well. Look forward to your work here! Best of luck!

Advertisement
Thanks, Richards desperately needs to be in this class, kid is a special kind of athlete. I'm curious to see what position he ends up playing in college.

I 100% agree. It’s vital to a programs success to get kids (especially ones with ties to the program) who legit have the title “athlete”. Mark Anthony can play RB, WR or DB. Think DeeJay but more explosive. Should be one of the staffs highest priorities.

So Davis and Elam are UF leans already.
I got a question:

On some of these hot rod players, I note that the Clemson's, Michigans, Florida's, FSU's and so on have already offered a good number of these players - but UM is 'observing' or 'talking' to them.

Maybe we need to pull our recruiting heads out of our butts and get on the stick - or - does that NOT explain why the Alabamas, Clemson's, Floridas, and FSU's keep looting South Florida, while UM is left on the side of the road with their peckers in the pocket?

It's a double-edged sword. As many here have noted, these facquit So Fla handlers hold a grudge if Miami pulls an offer.... the outsiders are always given the benefit of the doubt when they pull that ****. Saban can drop a dude in late January and these guys just praise the business mentality. If Richt does that, Luke writes an article in that fake newspaper and the coaches use it as an excuse to blackball Miami for the next 10 years.

Advertisement
He told me he wants to be a running back... I said your DB film is outrageous ... He replied I like RB better.... I say RB
**** if he wants to be a RB, I say we take 3 RBs in this class and 2 of them being Richards and McIntosh....one of them will play safety. **** or Deejay will. idk, just get them to sign.

I 100% agree. It’s vital to a programs success to get kids (especially ones with ties to the program) who legit have the title “athlete”. Mark Anthony can play RB, WR or DB. Think DeeJay but more explosive. Should be one of the staffs highest priorities.

Mark needs to be a Cane, period. If anything, I hope this staff learned it's lesson w/ Tyson this past cycle. Don't ever get to comfortable (in my Baby Face voice). He needs to be recruited just as hard as any other recruit and if he wants to play RB here, give him a shot. He's an athlete. He's another Deejay. Don't be so rigid in evals. Get him in and then let the athlete do what he do and see what best works for his best interest and the team's best interest.

It generally isn't that cut and dry. Lots of younger brothers want to take a different path than their older siblings. I have no inside knowledge, but I think it will be a dog fight to get him.

Advertisement
I wasn't at the camp, but I've been touting Jordan Battle for a while. If we aren't looking at Jordan Battle, I don't know what we are looking for.

As far as Anthony Solomon is concerned, I was told by family members that University of Miami calls him every day.

I agree the time to offer Battle is now.

Miami signed a guy named Julian Battle during the Butch years.

He didn't qualify, went to JUCO and ended up at Tennessee - a safety for them, I think.

I think he went to Wellington HS.

Not sure if he's related, but that's the only player I know named Battle with a connection to Miami.

Is Jordan Battle related to John Battle who signed with LSU a few years ago? Believe 14 class

https://247sports.com/Player/John-Battle-10169

Advertisement
Back