RIP Taylor Timmons

Only Ex Gator I like....Lol

Advertisement
The funny thing about all those guys is none of them lived in Cape Coral. Read the book by David Dorsey entitled 4th down to go in Dunbar. The amount of talent that came from that little area is insane. They just chopped the neighborhood up for school districts because all of them going to one school wouldnt have been fair. The powers that be would have never allowed it to happen to Fort Myers HS either.

Played AAU bball with EG. Great person and is now the HC at ECS over in Ft. Myers. He will have a lot of talent to want to play for him there. Watch out for them in 1-2 years

The funny thing about all those guys is none of them lived in Cape Coral. Read the book by David Dorsey entitled 4th down to go in Dunbar. The amount of talent that came from that little area is insane. They just chopped the neighborhood up for school districts because all of them going to one school wouldnt have been fair. The powers that be would have never allowed it to happen to Fort Myers HS either.

Played AAU bball with EG. Great person and is now the HC at ECS over in Ft. Myers. He will have a lot of talent to want to play for him there. Watch out for them in 1-2 years
EG did a great job with North last year or year before. My Freshman year at Cape (94) we got half the Michigan and Dunbar neighborhoods and were ranked #1 in the state in Football and Basketball at one time or another during the season.

EG did a great job with North last year or year before. My Freshman year at Cape (94) we got half the Michigan and Dunbar neighborhoods and were ranked #1 in the state in Football and Basketball at one time or another during the season.
@SWFLCane Thats what my buddy said...I still have lots of friends living in Cape Coral...I go so far back to when Jason Verdow was murdered...(hence Verdow field)
3 of my friends and family are Sports Royalty in the Cape still...The Kings...Tony Novo...and the Kozas....Is Coach Hildebrand still at CC HS ????

Advertisement
Advertisement
So he shot and killed someone after his freshman year, yet played 3 more seasons at Miami?

Somebody got some 'splainin to do.
One should not diss the Orlando Cane historian. He posts about all the players and coaches that were his buds. The Orlando cook lives to post on CIS about all his “connections”. I hope when I’m 60 years old, the approximate age of Orlando groupie, that I’m not glued to CIS 24/7. Guy visiting his old aunt and posting. Strange guy.

That bball team was LOADED. Harold Johnson, Tony Green, Roosevelt Pinkard.....you guys had a legit 3 guys 6'9 and over on the front line. Then you had Mike Jackson and J Hopp in the backcourt. I remember going to watch you guys play Mariner. One of the best high school atmospheres ever

@SWFLCane You should have seen NFMs Rick Feldmeth play in the Mid 70s...Also Richard Glaspar at Edison Comm College in the late 70s...ended up going to UF for 2yrs.....NFM was **** with Feldmeth...Brad Branson and Charles Dorris...

@SWFLCane You should have seen NFMs Rick Feldmeth play in the Mid 70s...Also Richard Glaspar at Edison Comm College in the late 70s...ended up going to UF for 2yrs.....NFM was **** with Feldmeth...Brad Branson and Charles Dorris...

They were **** good when they had Kearse and Cisco back in the late 90s. Once all the new schools started opening up it really started to drain their talent pool. Baker and Island Coast specifically. Same could be said for Mariner too

Advertisement
Gee, sounds like a great guy. He killed someone and by some accounts was an a$$ to other students at UM. And OP being off a few years is totally lame...you said Timmons played his freshman year at UM when he actually played for 4 worthless seasons. I know, I know, I have less than a hundred posts compared to OP's 5,000+ posts so I'm sure he'll call me a loser, blah, blah, blah. Here's an idea, if you want to post and act like some VIP then try actually getting your facts straight. Otherwise, you will and should be called out for such a gross error. Now go bake me a cake!

Advertisement
Gee, sounds like a great guy. He killed someone and by some accounts was an a$$ to other students at UM. And OP being off a few years is totally lame...you said Timmons played his freshman year at UM when he actually played for 4 worthless seasons. I know, I know, I have less than a hundred posts compared to OP's 5,000+ posts so I'm sure he'll call me a loser, blah, blah, blah. Here's an idea, if you want to post and act like some VIP then try actually getting your facts straight. Otherwise, you will and should be called out for such a gross error. Now go bake me a cake!
Suck my D*ck

That bball team was LOADED. Harold Johnson, Tony Green, Roosevelt Pinkard.....you guys had a legit 3 guys 6'9 and over on the front line. Then you had Mike Jackson and J Hopp in the backcourt. I remember going to watch you guys play Mariner. One of the best high school atmospheres ever
That game in our gym was amazing. Rose came off the bench. Donnell Allen started at the 3. Ted Dupay as a Freshman was the only kid to consistently break our press all year. Him and Jason Hoph just kept trading 3's. Only H.S. game I ever saw where both teams were in triple digits. I'm not sure anyone missed that night.

That game in our gym was amazing. Rose came off the bench. Donnell Allen started at the 3. Ted Dupay as a Freshman was the only kid to consistently break our press all year. Him and Jason Hoph just kept trading 3's. Only H.S. game I ever saw where both teams were in triple digits. I'm not sure anyone missed that night.

I don't think HS ball was ever as good in the area as it was that year. Mariner moved up in classification shortly after and could never get past Miami Sr. who was a borderline semi-pro team under Frank Martin. Cape dropped off shortly after and was never as talented as they were then. Funk would land a stud out of nowhere but to be that deep at the high school level with just a regular public school was insane.

I remember they all played together at the Y that summer and picked up Charlie Cosby and Jevon Kearse from North on their team. They throttled everybody until Lehigh's varsity team played them and won. Harold started an all out brawl at the end of the game. Complete mayhem. Harold could have gone big time if it werent for his temper. I always thought they tried too hard to get him to be a wing instead of a big his senior year to try and get him more looks.

Advertisement
Back