RIP Taylor Timmons

SWFLHurricane

Recruit
For the younger Cane Fans...Taylor (Goo Goo Rock) was an All State RB in Ft Myers in the early to mid 70s...Recieved a Schollie to UM in 75...He immediately was the talk at Greentree...A proverbial Man Amongst Boys....After his Frosh yr, he returned to Ft Myers and got into a Fight on Anderson Ave...pulled out a Gun and killed the Guy (supposedly went to Pistol Whip him and Gun went off) He received 25yrs too Life...and ended up getting Paroled after 22yrs if I'm not mistaken...I watched him play the yr before I was a Freshman (74) and he was all that and more...His Coach the Late Legendary Sam Sirianii's Daughter just texted me the News...(same school as Jammi German)...from all accounts, he would've been a Great at UM....

Attachments

• 60050648_2131222533662789_5480331403012866048_n.jpg
    60050648_2131222533662789_5480331403012866048_n.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Advertisement
For the younger Cane Fans...Taylor (Goo Goo Rock) was an All State RB in Ft Myers in the early to mid 70s...Recieved a Schollie to UM in 75...He immediately was the talk at Greentree...A proverbial Man Amongst Boys....After his Frosh yr, he returned to Ft Myers and got into a Fight on Anderson Ave...pulled out a Gun and killed the Guy (supposedly went to Pistol Whip him and Gun went off) He received 25yrs too Life...and ended up getting Paroled after 22yrs if I'm not mistaken...I watched him play the yr before I was a Freshman (74) and he was all that and more...His Coach the Late Legendary Sam Sirianii's Daughter just texted me the News...(same school as Jammi German)...from all accounts, he would've been a Great at UM....
Btw...thats a Pic in HS....

As you can tell from the above picture... Taylor played from 76 to 79..4 years. At no time was he associated with anything quoted in the OP. Why post something like that right after he left us.

Advertisement
View attachment 85581

As you can tell from the above picture... Taylor played from 76 to 79..4 years. At no time was he associated with anything quoted in the OP. Why post something like that right after he left us.
He went to Prison for murder...thats 100% Fact....I was in Culinary school in 79...so I wasnt up to all the facts concerning any playing time...

Manchild in HS. Looked like a grown man by his junior year. He held a rushing record for 40 years in HS. T. Moore broke it in 2014.

Didn't realize he had passed.

RIP

Manchild in HS. Looked like a grown man by his junior year. He held a rushing record for 40 years in HS. T. Moore broke it in 2014.

Didn't realize he had passed.

RIP
Yeah I admit I was alittle off on the yrs...I was gone when the Murder happened...His HS Coaches daughter texted me he had passed...

Advertisement
I remember him. When I started at UM in 1978 the players were still living in student dorms and he was in my building. He would hang out at the entrance and talk trash and intimidate everyone. A complete jerk. He was physical freak and an emotional and mental basket case. I hope he figured it out at some point and made some changes. RIP

I remember him. When I started at UM in 1978 the players were still living in student dorms and he was in my building. He would hang out at the entrance and talk trash and intimidate everyone. A complete jerk. He was physical freak and an emotional and mental basket case. I hope he figured it out at some point and made some changes. RIP
He did...His Son played FB at some Div2 school in Texas...

Advertisement
And nothing.. I was just thinking and laughing about how much has changed. Much like the Tastee Freeze.
I grew up in Cape Coral...Played at NFM...Dude got all upset because I was off by a yr...smh....Atleast I saw him play in HS...
He's the 3rd best RB I saw play in Lee County...Only Johnny Wright (Cypress Lake)
And Noel Devine (NFM) were better...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back