Rip Kobe Bryant

Advertisement
I wasnt much of a Kobe fan when he played. Putting up 81 against my Raptors and dry snitching on Shaq made him public enemy #1 for me. I respected just how much he believed in himself and that fact that he never shied away from the MJ comparisons (unlike a young Vince carter but that's another story). 1b or all time in my books!

I definitely gained alot of respect for him in retirement as I saw that he appeared to genuinely enjoy mentoring the young guys. Seeing him with his daughters at NBA/WNBA games won me over.

Sad sad day for all the families. I couldn't imagine the pain they are in.

Prayers up!

Really sad for his poor daughter and her mom. Everyone’s all torn up over Kobe because he was a great basketball player, but it’s pretty crazy that he took his 13 year old daughter on a helicopter in horrible weather conditions. Who the fck flies a helicopter in conditions like that?
Yeah this situation is f'ed. But Kobe is not a pilot; he paid good $$ to those who are to make those decisions. Sad all around.

Yeah this situation is f'ed. But Kobe is not a pilot; he paid good $$ to those who are to make those decisions. Sad all around.
Bro, I don’t have to be a pilot to know I ain’t putting my little daughter in a tin box in insane fog like that.

Advertisement
Bro, I don’t have to be a pilot to know I ain’t putting my little daughter in a tin box in insane fog like that.
Lapse in judgement, ignorance, false sense of immortality... whatever it was, obviously he didn’t quite understand the danger. I’m sure he would die a thousand deaths to spare her.. as would any good Dad.

Advertisement
Fair enough. I know nothing about this crash, possibly its was 100% pilot related or 100% weather related. Seems crazy to me in 2020 a plane/helicopter can just fly into a hill.

But my point, after 25 years of trusting professionals to handle you sh*t, a foggy helicopter ride is probably normal.

Fair enough. I know nothing about this crash, possibly its was 100% pilot related or 100% weather related. Seems crazy to me in 2020 a plane/helicopter can just fly into a hill.

But my point, after 25 years of trusting professionals to handle you sh*t, a foggy helicopter ride is probably normal.
I wouldn’t take chances like that with my kid ever. The risk isn’t worth it for a kids’ basketball practice. Helicopters are dangerous on a nice day. It’s one thing if you’re gravely injured and you need a helicopter to get to the hospital; it’s another to jump in one just for the **** of it on a super foggy day.

Super sad **** for that **** poor kid. I can’t imagine how bad her mom feels or even the guilt she feels for letting her get in that tin box. That **** will destroy her forever.

Advertisement
His memorabilia is going for insane prices on eBay right now:

45512D7D-1027-4C9C-9219-E043174EB0AC.jpeg

Advertisement
Really sad for his poor daughter and her mom. Everyone’s all torn up over Kobe because he was a great basketball player, but it’s pretty crazy that he took his 13 year old daughter on a helicopter in horrible weather conditions. Who the fck flies a helicopter in conditions like that?
He's been traveling in a Helicopter for nearly 20 years now, it's out of the ordinary from him to travel that way. Tom Brady does too.

It was on the stupid ****** pilot who turned the Heli around & flew into the Mountain at too high an altitude & going too fast.

I wouldn’t take chances like that with my kid ever. The risk isn’t worth it for a kids’ basketball practice. Helicopters are dangerous on a nice day. It’s one thing if you’re gravely injured and you need a helicopter to get to the hospital; it’s another to jump in one just for the **** of it on a super foggy day.

Super sad **** for that **** poor kid. I can’t imagine how bad her mom feels or even the guilt she feels for letting her get in that tin box. That **** will destroy her forever.

Advertisement
Back