RIP Jim Brown

A truly great individual and athlete! A great player in both college (Syracuse University) and in the NFL. IMO one of the 10 greatest players in football history. A GREAT LEGEND! RIP James Nathaniel Brown!! My condolences to his wife Monique and all of the sons and daughters (Jim Jr., Aris, Kimberly, Karen, Kim, and Kevin), as well as the rest of the family. A GOAT! I remember the days of Jim Brown, Dr. Frank Ryan (QB, old # 13), Paul Warfield (WR, old # 42, ex-Miami Dolphins great!), and Gary Collins (WR & Punter, old # 86). Those were the glory days of the Cleveland Browns.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Old enough to remember him barely. Moreso from my Pop. Truly one of the greats. RIP and prayers for family and friends
10-Giant-Goat-Breeds-You-Should-Get.jpg

Advertisement
Interesting fact about JB, was arguably as good at Lacrosse as he was at Football. RIP to one of the best to do ver do it!

True story.
I belonged to a gym in Annapolis where over time I befriended these older fellas who grew up in area, playing sports. One of these gents was a local Lax star in his own right in the 1950s and played against Brown near John's Hopkins campus. He said Brown was the real deal. His teammates tried to intimidate him by trash talking, whacking him with sticks....everything....and Brown never flinched....he was an unstoppable machine. RIP to the Goat.

Advertisement
Interesting fact about JB, was arguably as good at Lacrosse as he was at Football. RIP to one of the best to do ever do it!
lettered at football, basketball, lacrosse, track at 'Cuse

my pops used to tell me stories of his greatness

would get tackled, come up "lame", limp back to the huddle
next play, run around, over or through YOU
it was always a ploy

pops said, he was the greatest he saw
barry was 2nd, but the only other

Advertisement
Jim was the man. Besides just his human civility and rights....

He was a MAN. Big league boy things.

And to be honest. I love the way he played running back. He ran through people.

Cheers and peace Jim Brown.

it was always a ploy

Didn't wear any padding for his thighs or hips. Just an amazing player with a high tolerance level for pain.

Advertisement

it was always a ploy

My dad said the same thing. Looked like he was hurt and then run over MFers. I've watched film and he would've been dominant even in today's game. RIP.

Jim Brown as Lawrence Taylor's Defensive Coordinator in 'Any Given Sunday' with the game scenes filmed in the Orange Bowl.

During his playing days he said he always got up slow, no matter how he was tackled. Always kept the defense guessing. Could you imagine that today? No one is that reserved anymore.

Advertisement
Back