Off-Topic RIP Jeff Beck

Advertisement
Bacterial meningitis. Much rarer than the pneumococcal kind. Can literally kill you in a matter of hours. A very stiff neck and very high fever, get to an ER ASAP.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A truly unique, timeless, master of his craft. We're lucky to have so many of his decades on tape. Rock on and RIP brother.

Bacterial meningitis. Much rarer than the pneumococcal kind. Can literally kill you in a matter of hours. A very tiff neck and very high fever, get to an ER ASAP.
That's crazy I had no idea.

Had a classmate, star football player succumb to pneumococcal meningitis, stole his athleticism and nearly his life...

It might be hard for non-gitfiddle players to appreciate Beck's genius... but its on full display here:

Advertisement
If you ever get a chance in life to listen to Jeff Beck's truth in audiophile quality - like on the Mobile Fidelity version of the record - with a good system, room, that's just 🤌 ... you should do it...its a great experience. Great record.

That's crazy I had no idea.

Had a classmate, star football player succumb to pneumococcal meningitis, stole his athleticism and nearly his life...
Sorry about your classmate. Again, I'm no doctor but I think the bacterial kind is most common in newborns (first three months of life). Because they basically have no immunity.

As for the pneumococcal meningitis, think, like your classmate, it tends to hit HS/college age kids to a higher degree. Don't most colleges require students to have the vax for meningitis these days, before enrolling?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back