2024 Riley Sunram 3* OL from North Dakota (Yes, North Dakota)

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Staff is relentless, looking under every rock for recruits. First a WR from Idaho, now an OL from North Dakota. Riley was offered by Mirabal so we're recruiting him on the OL. He's coming to Junior Day so the staff must really like him.

Advertisement
@Rellyrell , I'm only half joking here, but since you said the Dakotas have a lot of untapped talent, any leads/info on Mr. Sunram?

Lot of Po Lil Timmy's getting pancaked in his HUDL clips

bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

When he shows up he will see a lot of people that don’t look like him or his competition. Fight or flight?

Advertisement
It is amazing how open-minded some posters are. I wonder how the board would have reacted to some Urlacher kid in New Mexico?

And please note what the state of Nebraska (yes Nebraska) is turning out and how interested Miami (yes Miami) is in several of those guys.

There are potential ballplayers everywhere. This staff gets that. Good for them.

I'm not sure why I didn't think about this before but given Mario's stint at Oregon, he knows the legit North/South Dakota, Idaho etc. prospects (especially the ones that might be open to playing far from home) that we should be recruiting. This isn't just randomly throwing out an offer.

Does anyone know how many kids from North/South Dakota, Idaho Mario got while at Oregon?

I'm not sure why I didn't think about this before but given Mario's stint at Oregon, he knows the legit North/South Dakota, Idaho etc. prospects (especially the ones that might be open to playing far from home) that we should be recruiting. This isn't just randomly throwing out an offer.

Does anyone know how many kids from North/South Dakota, Idaho Mario got while at Oregon?
I don't. But one of the things that actually demonstrated the "Mario is a great recruiter" thing was what he did with top recruits in other states when at Oregon. In 2018 Oregon pulled the #1 prospects from Utah, Arizona (a state with a lot of talent), and Colorado. In 2019 they got the top kid in Cali (that's saying A LOT), Texas (SERIOUSLY?!), and kept the number one Oregon kid home (can we say that?).

Whether those pan out or not, those are big time, big game huntin', gets.

Just went back and looked some more. It gets more ridiculous. Check out what Oregon did in 2021:

Utah - number one recruit.
AZ - number one and number two recruits.
Cali - number 2 recruit.
Oregon - number one recruit.
Nebraska - number one recruit and Oregon is getting to the midwest.
New York - number one recruit, and can't get much further away and still stay in the continental US.
Nevada - number one recruit.
Mississippi - number 3 recruit. Are you kidding me? Where ISN'T that staff??

I see this stuff and simply have to have faith, at least for now.

Last edited:

Oh, also, Iowa has hit on multiple South Dakota kids over the years. On a different note, North Dakota and South Dakota turn out some serious FCS teams. It isn't the Big Ten, but some of those dudes can play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back