Riley Neal

Yorktown (Ind.) High School QB Riley Neal called Hurricane coaches recently and spoke with coach James Coley.

"Coach Coley, he was just saying their QB decommitted and he said that I was one of the first names that came up on their board, that he liked what I did at their camp this summer, that he'd been watching my film from football and basketball and liked what he saw.

"I told him thanks and I look forward to talking to him more."

With Dwayne Lawson's decommitment UM is looking to add another QB in this class, and at 6-foot-5 and 210 pounds Neal put up some big numbers last season - he threw for over 2,500 yards, ran for over 1,000 and had 56 total touchdowns.

He's gotten timed at 4.65 seconds in the 40.

"Miami hasn't offered yet," Neal said. "I'm not sure what will happen, we'll have to wait and see."

Neal is currently a Ball State commit, and he lists two other offers - from Central Michigan and Illinois State.

"I'm interested in Miami - I don't know for sure what I'd do (if UM offers)," Neal said. "I don't have an offer from Miami, so it's hard to tell. If it happens we'll go from there."

Neal has attended UM's last two summer camps.

Of what he knows about the Cane program, Neal said, "I watched the 30 for 30 documentary, that tells you a lot. I know the basic stuff about Miami."

Bring in him; doubt he'd work at QB but should be an intriguing TE prospect.

Advertisement
This guy looks like a decent player but it boggles my mind that we aren't all over Ryan Stanley.

He's getting it done against elite competition and is a big-time athlete.

How would you rank Ryan Stanley, James Morgan, Riley Neal, Carter Stanley and Shannon Patrick 1-5.

For me it's 1) Patrick 2) Ryan Stanley 3) James Morgan 4) Riley Neal 5) Carter Stanley

I would rank those 5 as:
1) James Morgan 2) Riley Neal 3) ryan stanley 4) shannon Patrick 5) Carter Stanley.

Go Canes

This guy looks like a decent player but it boggles my mind that we aren't all over Ryan Stanley.

He's getting it done against elite competition and is a big-time athlete.

It boggles my mind that anything this staff does still boggles your mind.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back