Riggins speaks on injury, commitment status, and Category20

He sat behind experienced 5 stars at IMG and then got hurt. He's got to prove himself but definitely on the field. He might not want to risk re-injuring himself at a camp setting which is understandable, but as long as he shows up at Paradise and plays well as a senior we've got nothing to worry about.

Advertisement
He sat behind experienced 5 stars at IMG and then got hurt. He's got to prove himself but definitely on the field. He might not want to risk re-injuring himself at a camp setting which is understandable, but as long as he shows up at Paradise and plays well as a senior we've got nothing to worry about.

Agree, he was a really promising prsopect as a Soph, and it's awesome that he's sold on Miami.

But just look at what happened with Munoz. Ultimately, he's going to have to prove himself on the field this year or Diaz wont take him

Agree, he was a really promising prsopect as a Soph, and it's awesome that he's sold on Miami.

But just look at what happened with Munoz. Ultimately, he's going to have to prove himself on the field this year or Diaz wont take him
This kid is no part of the same situation as Munoz. He was a reach to begin with and we were willing to take him for 2 reasons alone. #1 numbers on the dline and #2 sta kids as a group and keeping them all committed

True but Munoz had a blood disorder if I'm not mistaken and lost a ton of weight so it's tough to compare both situations but Riggins should ball out if he's truly healthy

Advertisement
pretty impressive to remain a 4 star after not playing in two years or attending camps

Yet Francois is First Team All-State, tied the county record for interceptions in a season and is finally a composite four star.

Manny’s comments about evaluating SFL kids differently are spot on

Like the comments fromRiggins, he sounds very confident in his ability to play the game with pads on which I love. Guessing we’ll all see what kind of season he has at Lakewood this year as he works his way back from injury and into the starting lineup. Will be plenty of tape on him then for Manolo and Co. to evaluate then.

Honestly I only read the first few paragraphs but this kid is going to be a leader. He's got that "joaquin told us to donate and we not doing it" player type vibe.

Advertisement
I wouldnt say Camps are overrated. Because you can never stop getting better, I think that is where I think he misses the point. If I was a recruit in Florida, I would try to go to a camp somewhere every weekend just to continue to work on my craft.
Yea I guess.....camps are ok...you get better with the work you do alone more so than what you do at camps...imo...

I agree completely that games matter more than camps. But camps/combines, etc. can also play an important role in isolating someone's individual ability versus a scheme/talent around a given player inflating their actual talent as well in game film, too.

'hey, I have my offer now. What more do I need to prove.' when the last proof of him was over a year ago is still a little strange. What is the fear of going to a camp after being injured for a year and doing drills against high D1 guys? You're interpreting this as a 'rebellious' attitude to the camp scene. I am interpreting this as someone who can simultaneously understand the value of games, but also understanding that he is coming off as someone who is hiding something when he doesn't want to compete (after not playing for a year) in drills and be scrutinized.

"You got 5-stars out here getting exposed, c’mon now." , or the last line, could not be any more telling of his fear of being exposed against guys of similar or more talent.

IMO a guy should always want to compete. Games AND camps.

I understand & agree with what you are saying about competing....you get better alone not at these camps...he really ain’t missing nothing...now he should attend paradise....

Advertisement
He plays at a loaded school in IMG that also plays a national schedule. Shorts and t-shirt camps are the way he's supposed to measure himself against competition?

He isnt at IMG and hasnt really played played since his freshman year. He barely played on that amazing DL at IMG as a sophomore and was injured all last year and now he is back at Lakewood.

Advertisement
How can you get better when your not measuring yourself against competition.

By working on your skills....go compete to see where you at yes...you don’t get better by just going to camps...you have to put in work also you know...

By working on your skills....go compete to see where you at yes...you don’t get better by just going to camps...you have to put in work also you know...
I think he knows, stop stating the obvious. Not once did the dude say just go to camps. He is saying u need to go to camps to measure yourself against the best competition.

Advertisement
Back