Riggins and Smith

Hurricane Hero

Recruit
I’ve read that their offers no longer stand, does anyone know if that is true? I assume it’s fake because you would hope that the coaches would tell a prospect sooner rather than later that they no longer have an offer to allow them to look at other schools. Also you would think that the prospects would inform someone that they are no longer publicly committed. Just wondering if anybody knew, I was curious because I was trying to think of the best way to finish the class.

Advertisement
I’ve read that their offers no longer stand, does anyone know if that is true? I assume it’s fake because you would hope that the coaches would tell a prospect sooner rather than later that they no longer have an offer to allow them to look at other schools. Also you would think that the prospects would inform someone that they are no longer publicly committed. Just wondering if anybody knew, I was curious because I was trying to think of the best way to finish the class.
It's been reported by a good majority of recruiting services. Riggins has not played well enough to keep his spot and has visited Illinois after the news had been leaked. Smith is being dropped because it looks like he will not qualify academically

Thanks for the response, I read the same thing and I would think that they would take them off the commit list if it was that well known which makes me suspicious of if it is true or not.

You would think that the coaches would be upfront with the recruits and not lie to them and wait until the last minute to drop them. At the same time you’d think a recruit would want it to be public that he his no longer associated with a school so other schools would actively recruit them. I’m only curious about this because if we drop them then I then we need a RB, WR, 2OL, 1/2DT and 2DB to complete the class.

Advertisement
Thanks for the response, I read the same thing and I would think that they would take them off the commit list if it was that well known which makes me suspicious of if it is true or not.
I'm sure they'll keep them on there until it's 100% official

You would think that the coaches would be upfront with the recruits and not lie to them and wait until the last minute to drop them. At the same time you’d think a recruit would want it to be public that he his no longer associated with a school so other schools would actively recruit them. I’m only curious about this because if we drop them then I then we need a RB, WR, 2OL, 1/2DT and 2DB to complete the class.
If u take them away we are down to 20 commits and it's been reported that we are only taking 25. We definitely need at least 2 OLmen, 2DBs, and 1 best available. Of course things could change and we oversign but it doesn't seem like that's something we ever do or have the opportunity to do. If we needed to drop someone else from the class I'm not a big fan of the safety Washington and I'd pick him to go. For those that know how did he play his senior year?

If u take them away we are down to 20 commits and it's been reported that we are only taking 25. We definitely need at least 2 OLmen, 2DBs, and 1 best available. Of course things could change and we oversign but it doesn't seem like that's something we ever do or have the opportunity to do. If we needed to drop someone else from the class I'm not a big fan of the safety Washington and I'd pick him to go. For those that know how did he play his senior year?
Your forgetting about early enrollees that would count toward the previous class.

Advertisement
I got Parrish, one of the four possible WR, Martinez and Morris, Neal, Francois and Jalen Harrell to finish the class. Any of Flowe, Washington, Avantae Williams, Knighton, and Walker would just be the cherry on top.

Last edited:
Advertisement
These kids were probably told from the start of the season that they have to ball out and smith essentially forced himself out because he isnt gonna qualify

Advertisement
Why is everyone projecting Westley Neal in this class? I like Neal but we don't really need a DT unless it's one of those high 4 or 5 stars that we aren't getting. At least that's how it seems the staff is looking at things. My final 5 that I believe is a realistic possibility, 2 S in Harrell and Francois, 2 OL I really have no idea who so I'll go Martinez and Baynes, and WR Emilien. If we can flip someone if we close the season 9-4 I can see us getting a surprise commit after the early signing period like how Rumph got Williams last season.

If you were a recruit and 17, would you make a public statement they dropped you? Being attached to Miami is a good bargaining chip to entice new schools. Rutgers loved bragging they stole Sitkowski from us

Advertisement
Back