Ridley on 247

Ridley (6-2, 170) exploded onto the scene, finishing the year with 1,131 yards and 12 touchdowns on 41 receptions.
Not even Ridley could have expected that type of season.

-Says “I was real happy with how our season went as a team,” “We were able to get to the playoffs for the first time and I was proud we achieved that. I was pleased with how I did personally too. I knew I could be that type of player, but I didn’t know I could have those kind of stats.”

-Top five of Miami, Florida State, Alabama, Ohio State, and LSU.

-early leader “I love Miami,” “That is my top school. I like the atmosphere and I really like the receivers they have right now. I am very comfortable there.”

-Is in contact with Brennan Carroll and Al Golden “They pretty much say they want me and Shawn to come together and help bring them back,” “They tell me how much they are gong to be needing receivers next year.”

-Thoughts on how UM 2013 season “I think they did good, but they could have done better,” “They shouldn’t lose to Duke and games like that. They will get better next year.”

-Was in attendance for the Under Armour All American Game on Thursday night. He will likely play in next year’s game. Ridley was seen on the sidelines wearing a FSU hat and windbreaker, but he says not to read too much into the outfit. Says “I got it for Christmas, so why not wear it?” “I don’t really know much about them. They offered me, but I haven’t heard from them. I do like the way they play.”

-Ridley and Burgess-Becker want to get out and see as many schools as they can this offseason so that they can make the most informed decision possible. Says “We want to go to Tennessee, Oregon, Ohio State, and West Virginia,” “Just to see what they have to offer and what it looks like.”

-Discussed what factors will be most important in his recruitment. Says “I just want a good education and early playing time,” “That is it.”

Seems like this is another "win and your in" type player

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back