Rideshare from HRS

HurriCam804

Recruit
I haven’t been to a home game since the 2017 ND game and Uber was a disaster afterwards. I’ll be at the FSU game and was planning to Uber again since I won’t have a car. Has the Uber situation improved? Gotten worse?

Any advice on the best way to get back to my hotel after the game would be much appreciated.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
I haven’t been to a home game since the 2017 ND game and Uber was a disaster afterwards. I’ll be at the FSU game and was planning to Uber again since I won’t have a car. Has the Uber situation improved? Gotten worse?

Any advice on the best way to get back to my hotel after the game would be much appreciated.

Go Canes!
Nope

Don’t take an Uber from the stadium. Walk across the street and get one at Walmart. The ride share line at Hardrock is slower than Gattis sending in plays with two minutes left in the game.
Great Advice. Walk to Walmart or the other side of the street

Walk to Walmart and promptly find a taxi after your app won’t connect to a ride for 40 mins. Thank me later

Advertisement

Go Canes!
It's inconvenient as ****.

Don’t take an Uber from the stadium. Walk across the street and get one at Walmart. The ride share line at Hardrock is slower than Gattis sending in plays with two minutes left in the game.
The shade 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Walk to Walmart and promptly find a taxi after your app won’t connect to a ride for 40 mins. Thank me later
Rideshare will make you walk to lot 42 another three hundred yards away from Walmart (and the stadium) for pick up spot. Guys are waiting in cabs on the SW side of 199th. Advice: take one of those that look reputable enough. Disclaimer: if your hammered, good luck with where you end up.

The last Cane game I went to (2017 vs. GTech) I caught an Uber to the Walmart and walked across the street, then the opposite going home

Advertisement

Go Canes!
Are you going alone? If you’re going with friends it is 100% easier to hire a driver/car. Maybe a tad bit more expensive but in a **** storm with everyone leaving a sold out stadium Uber/Lyft is the worst possible option. You will need to jump on this soon if this is what you choose.

Going with the wife. I might be able to catch a ride with a friend who’s driving but right now Uber looks like my only option.

I have no personal knowledge of the Uber situation because I drive to the games, but won't you end up waiting for hours and be subject to ridiculous surge pricing? Seems like big time aggravation. Rental + parking is likely more expensive but to avoid the aggravation, you may want to at least consider it.

Advertisement
Going with the wife. I might be able to catch a ride with a friend who’s driving but right now Uber looks like my only option.
Call companies for hire in Fort Lauderdale/miami area. A one way pick up from hard rock to your hotel would be my suggestion and wouldn’t cost more than $100 with tip IMO. Rideshare is a nightmare out of big venues with large attendance. Best of luck if this is what you decide

Nice to see that transportation options to Rock Hard are as antiquated as Cristobal's offensive philosophies. #consistency

Advertisement
Back